Explore Down Payment Assistance Options
Stay up-to-date on down payment and closing cost assistance programs available for homebuyers. Use these resources to reach:
- Mortgage-ready homebuyers looking for down payment assistance
- Business sources assisting clients with down payment and closing cost concerns
Information and Training
Learn more about the variety of state and local sources available for mortgage-ready, well-qualified buyers so you can put these programs into action for your business and your buyers.
- Down Payment® Resource. To locate down payment assistance programs for your borrowers, consult Down Payment Resource.
Bridging the Down Payment Gap. Read this fact sheet for information on the common sources of down payment and closing cost assistance.
- Documenting Acceptable Sources of Funds. Review this interactive, 90-minute webinar on Freddie Mac requirements, guidelines, and policy changes for asset calculation and documentation to help ensure that borrowers have acceptable and sufficient funds.
- Affordable Seconds®. Use our checklist to help you determine if an Affordable Second is eligible as secondary financing behind your borrower’s first lien mortgage.
Grow Your Business Sources
Real estate professionals, housing counselors, brokers, and correspondents always come across clients with down payment and closing cost concerns. Offer them valuable information they can use to help their clients access down payment or closing cost assistance resources.
Get the Facts on Homeownership. Help your business sources conduct interactive workshops to help dispel common myths about homeownership that prevent people from exploring the possibility of buying and owning a home.
- Bridging the Down Payment Gap. Customize this PowerPoint presentation with your logo and use it with business sources to provide them with an in-depth view of down payment and closing cost assistance solutions their clients can take advantage of.
Expand your reach and educate mortgage-ready borrowers about sources of down payment and closing cost assistance.
- Customizable Down Payment Assistance Flyer. Use this design-ready flyer to let mortgage-ready borrowers know you can help them identify down payment assistance programs. Customize the flyer with your logo and contact information and have them handy at your points of sale.
- Sources You Can Tap to Fill Your Down Payment Gap. Customize this PowerPoint presentation with your logo and use it with borrowers to educate them on available down payment and closing cost resources.
Visit our Affordable Lending web page.