Exploring Down Payment Assistance Options
There are numerous down payment and closing cost assistance programs available to first-time and other homebuyers. Use these tools and resources to reach:
- Mortgage-ready homebuyers looking for down payment assistance programs
- Business sources assisting clients with down payment and closing cost concerns
Information and Training
Learn more about Freddie Mac requirements for acceptable sources of funds and available programs that can help qualified homebuyers bridge down payment and closing cost gaps. With this information, you can help create sustainable financing for your borrowers and quality originations for your business.
Acceptable Sources of Funds. In this interactive 90-minute webinar, we will review our requirements, guidelines, and policy changes for asset calculation and documentation to help ensure that borrowers have acceptable and sufficient funds.
Bridging the Down Payment Gap. Review this fact sheet for information on the common sources of down payment and closing cost assistance.
Grow Your Business Sources
Real estate professionals, housing counselors, brokers, and correspondents always come across clients with down payment and closing cost concerns. Offer them valuable information they can use to help their clients access down payment or closing cost assistance resources.
Get the Facts on Homeownership. Help your business sources conduct interactive workshops to help dispel common myths about homeownership that prevent people from exploring the possibility of buying and owning a home.
- Bridging the Down Payment Gap. Customize this PowerPoint presentation with your logo and use it with business sources to provide them with an in-depth view of down payment and closing cost assistance solutions their clients can take advantage of.
Expand your reach and educate mortgage-ready borrowers about sources of down payment and closing cost assistance.
- Customizable Down Payment Assistance Flyer. Use this design-ready flyer to let mortgage-ready borrowers know you can help them identify down payment assistance programs. Customize the flyer with your logo and contact information and have them handy at your points of sale.
- Sources You Can Tap to Fill Your Down Payment Gap. Customize this PowerPoint presentation with your logo and use it with borrowers to educate them on available down payment and closing cost resources.