Simplified Guidelines for Permanent and Nonpermanent Resident Aliens
No additional requirements for permanent and nonpermanent resident aliens
With our Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide (Guide) requirements for Permanent and Nonpermanent Resident Aliens, all of your customers who have lawful residency in the United States – U.S. citizens, permanent resident aliens and nonpermanent resident alien immigrants – are eligible to take advantage of the same LTV ratios and products on all loan and property types as other borrowers. With these requirements, you have more ways to reach into new markets.
Using the same set of LTV ratios from our Guide for all customers streamlines your origination process and allows you to expand your customer base into immigrant communities. Nonpermanent resident aliens who meet our standard underwriting guidelines are also eligible for all of our lending products.
|Eligible Mortgage Products||
|Maximum LTV Ratios (without secondary financing)|
|Special Delivery Requirements||
|Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide||
Download a Simplified Guidelines for Permanent and Nonpermanent Resident Aliens fact sheet for more details.
With our Guidelines for Permanent and Nonpermanent Resident Aliens, you can:
- Use the same set of LTV ratios for all borrowers.
- Expand your customer base into the growing immigrant market.
- Represent and warrant only that the borrower is a non-U.S. citizen lawfully residing in the U.S. as a permanent or nonpermanent resident alien.
- Offer affordable lending products to all non-U.S. citizen residents.
Benefits for Your Borrowers
Our Guidelines for Permanent and Nonpermanent Resident Aliens help borrowers with:
- Access to the same credit terms and mortgage products as other borrowers.
- Expanded home financing alternatives for immigrants who are lawfully residing in the U.S.
Get More Information
- Call your Freddie Mac representative.
- Print out a Simplified Guidelines for Permanent and Nonpermanent Resident Aliens fact sheet.
Visit The Learning Center for live and recorded web conferences, access to classroom-style workshops and self-study tools – all designed to help you stay competitive, serve more borrowers and make it easier to do business with us.
The information in this document is not a replacement or substitute for information found in the Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide and/or the terms of your Master Agreement and/or Master Commitment.