The Uniform Closing Dataset (UCD) is Here
October 5, 2017
You're now required to submit a UCD XML file for all loans delivered to Freddie Mac with a note date on or after September 25, 2017. Here are some key things to remember:
- Loans delivered to the Freddie Mac Selling System® without a UCD XML will receive a warning message. Contact your account representative if you are receiving the warning message at loan delivery to obtain assistance with your UCD implementation. See the tip below for detail.
- Lenders who can deliver the UCD are expected to adhere to the mandate and submit a successful UCD XML file for all loans being delivered on or after September 25, 2017 (based on Note Date).
- As of April 1, 2018, we expect full resolution of all issues in creating the UCD XML file and embedding the Closing Disclosure PDF within the UCD XML file.
Learn more about how we’re supporting your UCD transition.
A UCD Tip from the Customer Contact Support Center (800-FREDDIE)
If the UCD XML file has not been successfully submitted to Loan Closing AdvisorSM with a note date of September 25 or later, loans delivered to the Freddie Mac Selling System® that are subject to the UCD requirement will receive a warning message. There are three possible warnings:
- “The Closing Disclosure PDF should be submitted to Loan Closing Advisor with the Uniform Closing Dataset (UCD).”
- “The Uniform Closing Dataset (UCD) is required. Please submit the UCD through Loan Closing Advisor.”
- “Closing Disclosure details cannot be validated at this time. No action is currently required. However, Freddie Mac will perform this validation post settlement, and notify you if further action is required.”
For More Information
- For assistance with UCD adoption no later than April 1, 2018:
- Call 800-FREDDIE.
- Email UCD@FreddieMac.com.