Become a Seller/Servicer
The links below will help you learn how to apply to become a Freddie Mac customer. As a Freddie Mac customer you’ll have a solid set of mortgage products for your borrowers, technology solutions that help streamline your processes, and servicing solutions for assisting homeowners. We look forward to working with you to help your business grow.
Apply to Become a Freddie Mac Single-Family Customer
1) Determine Eligibility
To be considered for approval as a Freddie Mac Single-Family Seller/Servicer, an applicant must meet these minimum eligibility requirements.
2) Pre-Application Questionnaire
If you have met the minimum eligibility requirements, complete the pre-application form to receive an ID and password that you will need to access your customized application kit.
You should receive your ID and password by email within two days of submitting the pre-application form. Once you have received your ID and password, you are ready to complete your customized online application. Your password is for the online application only. If you need to reset it, please contact 800-FREDDIE.
Approved Customers – Get Started
As an approved Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer, take advantage of the following resources that will help you get ready to do business with us:
- Welcome to Freddie Mac: Your Seller/Servicer Onboarding Experience – Watch a short video about the support you'll get as a new customer.
- Getting Started Checklist – Answer a series of questions that will help us determine which forms you need to complete.
- Getting Started with Freddie Mac tutorial – Walk through the customization of the Getting Started Checklist. This tutorial is recorded and available 24/7.
- Single Family training and education resources: The Learning Center tutorial – Take a tour of The Learning Center’s many helpful training opportunities.
The Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide (Guide) contains Freddie Mac's selling and servicing requirements. AllRegs® offers the official electronic version of the Guide. Take advantage of the following resources to learn more about using the Guide:
- Quick Tips on Guide Features. (video)
- AllRegs User Guide.
- AllRegs Advanced Search – See It and Try It (5-minute clip)
The tool below will help you navigate training for every phase of the secondary mortgage process, regardless of your role or function. Launch this interactive resource and begin your recommended training path.
If you're an approved Seller/Servicer, you must submit Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide (Guide) Form 16SF annually and Guide Form 1107SF if there are institutional changes to your organization. In order to submit these forms or access your representation and warranty unpaid balance principal (R&W UPB), request a registration code. Once you receive your registration code, enter the code to receive a personal user ID and password via email. Use this information to submit your Guide Forms 16SF and 1107SF, or access your R&W UPB.
Completion of the Annual Eligibility Certification Report is a requirement defined by Guide Section 2101.10.
The Seller/Servicer Change Notification Form must be submitted to report institutional changes per Guide Sections 2101.12-2101.14.
Representation & Warranty Unpaid Principal Balance (R&W UPB) Inquiry
The R&W UPB is a component of the Acceptable Net Worth requirement as outlined in Guide Section 2101.2. The R&W UPB generated by this tool is based on the information in our systems as of the date of the calculation, and it may change as new information becomes available to Freddie Mac.
- Request a registration code.
- Use your registration code to request a user ID and password
- Change the registered user
- Forgot my user ID and/or password
Requirements Once You've Established a Custodial Account
All active Freddie Mac Servicers with at least one mortgage in their portfolio must use an eligible depository for principal/interest and escrow accounts and must submit completed Letter Agreement(s) (add link) to Freddie Mac when establishing such custodian account (s). To make it easier for you to submit the Letter Agreements, we've created new, step-by-step instructions for you. For more information on custodian accounts, read our Single-Family News Center article.
- Check out The Learning Center's training and education resources, either on our home page, or watch a two-minute tutorial for a brief overview
- Email your question or concerns to:
- Call 800-FREDDIE between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. ET
- To reactivate an existing account, call 800-FREDDIE