Freddie Mac Single-Family Customer Service Level Standards
At Freddie Mac, we're focused on providing our customers with the comprehensive support you need to do business with us in today's market. This includes providing support resources to help you manage your business with Freddie Mac and to help strengthen our working partnership relationship.
To better serve you, Freddie Mac announced our initial Customer Service Level Standards (Standards). The Standards are based on customer feedback and provide targets for us to measure our performance against while identifying ways to continue to improve.
Specifically, these Standards define the level of customer service we strive to deliver through our 800-FREDDIE Call Center, the accuracy of our billing statements, review timing for our Quality Control repurchase appeal process, as well as the timing for consideration of exception approvals for loan modifications, short sales, and deeds-in-lieu. For our investors, we will measure our responsiveness to your inquiries.
By sharing and publishing Customer Service Level Standards, we aim to strengthen our working partnership with our customers.
Standards for Sellers and Servicers
As a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer, you can expect Freddie Mac to:
- Answer customer calls to 800-FREDDIE within a minute.
- Resolve customer issues during the first call to 800-FREDDIE.
- Issue accurate, defect-free bills to customers.
- Complete Quality Control review of repurchase appeals within 30 days of receiving the appeal file.
- Approve or decline exceptions for loan modifications, short sales, and deeds-in-lieu within 10 business days of receiving the request.
Standards for Investors
As a Freddie Mac PC and mortgage-backed securities investor, you can expect Freddie Mac to:
- Respond to questions submitted to the inquiry mailbox within two business days.
- Respond to dealer and investor inquiries within 24 hours.