Freddie Mac Single-Family Customer Service Level Standards
At Freddie Mac, we're focused on providing our customers with the comprehensive support you need to do business with us in today's market. This includes providing support resources to help you manage your business with Freddie Mac and to help strengthen our working relationship.
To better serve you, Freddie Mac announced our Customer Service Level Standards (Standards). The Standards are based on customer feedback and provide targets for us to measure our performance against while identifying ways to continue to improve.
By sharing and publishing Customer Service Level Standards, we aim to strengthen our working partnership with our customers.
Standards for Sellers and Servicers
As a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer, you can expect Freddie Mac to:
- Answer customer calls to 800-FREDDIE within 30 seconds.
- Resolve customer issues during the first call to 800-FREDDIE.
- Complete Quality Control review of repurchase appeals within 30 days of receiving the appeal file.
- Complete performing loan Quality Control reviews within 90 days of file receipt.
- Approve or decline exceptions for loan modifications, short sales, and deeds-in-lieu within 10 business days of receiving the request.
Standards for Investors
As a Freddie Mac PC and mortgage-backed securities investor, you can expect Freddie Mac to:
- Respond to questions submitted to the inquiry mailbox within one business day.
- Respond to dealer and investor inquiries within 24 hours.