Become a Seller/Servicer
The links below will help you learn how to apply to become a Freddie Mac customer. As a Freddie Mac customer you’ll have a solid set of mortgage products for your borrowers, technology solutions that help streamline your processes, and servicing solutions for assisting homeowners. We look forward to working with you to help your business grow.
Apply to Become a Freddie Mac Single-Family Customer
1) Determine Eligibility
To be considered for approval as a Freddie Mac Single-Family Seller/Servicer, an applicant must meet these minimum eligibility requirements.
2) Pre-Application Questionnaire
If you have met the minimum eligibility requirements, complete the pre-application form to receive an ID and password that you will need to access your customized application kit.
You should receive your ID and password by email within two days of submitting the pre-application form. Once you have received your ID and password, you are ready to complete your customized online application. Your password is for the online application only. If you need to reset it, please contact 800-FREDDIE.
Approved Customers – Get Started
As an approved Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer, take advantage of the following resources that will help you get ready to do business with us:
- Getting Started Checklist – Answer a series of questions that will help us determine which forms you need to complete.
- Getting Started with Freddie Mac tutorial – Walk through the customization of the Getting Started Checklist. This tutorial is recorded and available 24/7.
- Single Family training and education resources: The Learning Center tutorial – Take a tour of The Learning Center’s many helpful training opportunities.
The Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide (Guide) contains Freddie Mac's selling and servicing requirements. AllRegs® offers the official electronic version of the Guide. Take advantage of the following resources to learn more about using the Guide:
- Quick Tips on Guide Features. (video)
- AllRegs User Guide.
- AllRegs Advanced Search – See It and Try It (5-minute clip)
The following interactive resources will help you navigate every phase of the secondary mortgage process, regardless of your role or function. Learn at your own pace and access this information as often as needed. Select the function you perform and begin your recommended training path:
If you're an approved Seller/Servicer, you must submit Form 16SF annually and Form 1107SF if there are institutional changes to your organization. In order to submit these forms or access your representation and warranty unpaid balance principal (UPB), you must request a registration code. Once you receive your registration code, you will enter the code to receive a personal user ID and password via email. Use this information to submit your Form 16SF and Form 1107, or access your representation and UPB.
Completion of the Annual Eligibility Certification Report is a requirement defined by Section 2101.10 of the Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide.
The Seller/Servicer Change Notification Form must be submitted whenever institutional changes occur per Sections 2101.12-2101.14 of the Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide.
Representation & Warranty Unpaid Principal Balance (R&W UPB) Inquiry
The R&W UPB is a component of the Acceptable Net Worth requirement as outlined in Guide Section 2101.2. The R&W UPB generated by this tool is based on the information our systems have as of the date of the calculation. It is subject to change as new information becomes available to Freddie Mac.
- Check out The Learning Center's training and education resources, either on our home page, or watch a two-minute tutorial for a brief overview
- Email your question or concerns to:
- Call 800-FREDDIE between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. ET
- To reactivate an existing account, call 800-FREDDIE