Expand your market potential through lower rates for borrowers with past credit challenges
With the Loan Prospector® A-minus Mortgage, you'll easily approve more borrowers with a less-than-perfect credit history or limited funds for a down payment. With A-minus Mortgages, your borrowers with past credit challenges can get competitive rates and have a variety of down payment alternatives.
A-minus is a win for everyone; you'll diversify your offerings with enhanced alternatives, and your borrowers with complex financial situations will have more options to qualify for home financing that put them into homes they can both afford and keep.
Through a Loan Prospector assessment for A-minus Mortgages, you'll further streamline your process. Loan Prospector includes a feedback message that clearly identifies A-minus eligibility.
You'll offer your borrowers additional options when you originate Investment Property Mortgages, most standard ARMs and other products as A-minus Mortgages.
|Eligible Mortgage Products||
|Maximum LTV Ratios (without secondary financing)||
* 15-, 20-, and 30-year fixed-rate A-minus Mortgages only. See our selling system availability matrix for a list of specific A-minus Mortgages eligible for sale through Cash under mandatory contracts servicing released and best efforts contracts with servicing released or retained.
|Special Delivery Requirements||
|Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide||
Loan Prospector A-minus Mortgages help you:
- Expand your market base by providing a lower-cost source of financing for a large segment of borrowers with past credit challenges.
- Use Loan Prospector to reduce costs, streamline your origination process, standardize your product line, and obtain creditworthiness representation and warranty relief.
- Commingle A-minus loans with other conventional, conforming loans when delivering to Freddie Mac.
Benefits for Your Borrowers
A-minus Mortgages help your borrowers:
- Take advantage of a variety of alternatives for down payment and secondary financing available with many Freddie Mac mortgage products that may qualify as A-minus loans.
- Obtain home financing at rates that are closer to conventional, conforming rates.
For More Information
- Call your Freddie Mac representative.
Visit The Learning Center for live and recorded web conferences, access to classroom-style workshops and self-study tools – all designed to help you stay competitive, serve more borrowers and make it easier to do business with us.
The information in this document is not a replacement or substitute for information found in the Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide and/or the terms of your Master Agreement and/or Master Commitment.