Fixed-rate Mortgage Overview
As a cornerstone of U.S. home financing, Freddie Mac purchases a variety of fixed-rate mortgages. Our 15-, 20-, and 30-year fixed-rate mortgage offerings leverage the power of a fixed interest rate for the life of the loan. Use most fixed-rate mortgages for single-family homes, including 1- to 4-unit primary residences, condominiums, second homes, manufactured homes, and investment properties.
Today we have the advantages you need for your current fixed-rate mortgage originations. Combine a 15-, 20-, and 30- year fixed-rate mortgage with a range of Freddie Mac mortgage products, and cash sales or securities executions for highly competitive options that meet the needs of an increasingly diverse borrower base.
For super conforming fixed-rate mortgages, see our detailed requirements in Chapter L33 of the Single/Family Seller/Servicer Guide (Guide).
|Maximum LTV Ratios (without secondary financing)||
|Down Payment or Closing Costs||
* See our selling system availability matrix for a list of specific fixed-rate mortgages eligible for sale through Cash under mandatory contracts servicing released and best efforts contracts with, servicing released or retained.
Fixed-rate mortgages help you:
- Offer a popular, stable mortgage product line that can be combined with many options to increase your origination volume in any market condition.
- Enhance your competitive options with both cash and securities sale options.
- Effectively manage your retained mortgage holdings with seasoned fixed-rate mortgage sale solutions.
Benefits for Your Borrowers
Fixed-rate mortgages help your borrowers:
- Obtain the security of a stable monthly payment throughout the life of the mortgage.
- Leverage 15- and 20-year fixed-rate mortgages to build equity more quickly, or take advantage of a lower monthly payment with a 30- year fixed-rate mortgage.
- Choose from a variety of home financing options, for a variety of property types, to meet individual financial circumstances.
Get More Information
- Call your Freddie Mac representative.
Visit The Learning Center for live and recorded web conferences, access to classroom-style workshops and self-study tools – all designed to help you stay competitive, serve more borrowers and make it easier to do business with us.
The information in this document is not a replacement or substitute for information found in the Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide and/or the terms of your Master Agreement and/or Master Commitment.