Mortgages for 2- to 4-unit Primary Residences
An important form of affordable housing for low-to moderate-income borrowers
Expand your market opportunities in many urban communities, where 2- to 4-unit housing is the key affordable housing inventory for primary residences.
Originating mortgages secured by 2- to 4-unit properties with a variety of Freddie Mac mortgage products helps you attract more low- and moderate-income borrowers and borrowers in underserved communities.
Through Freddie Mac mortgage products like Home Possible® Mortgages eligible for origination with 2- to 4-unit primary residences, you can serve a greater number of borrowers with diverse financial circumstances, and increase your Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)-eligible originations.
|Eligible Mortgage Products||
|Maximum LTV Ratios||
Originating Freddie Mac mortgages secured by 2- to 4-unit properties helps you:
- Reach into growing affordable markets, meeting the needs of more first-time homebuyers, families in underserved areas, and others.
- Grow your origination volume with a full array of mortgage products to choose from when originating mortgages for 2- to 4-unit properties.
- Leverage mortgages for 2- to 4-unit properties as another way to meet your CRA volume requirements.
Benefits for Your Borrowers
Originating Freddie Mac mortgages secured by 2- to 4-unit properties helps your borrowers:
- Increase their buying power using rental income.
- Obtain home financing that meets their individual needs, whether it’s flexible down payment options, low down payment solutions and more.
For More Information
- Call your Freddie Mac representative.
Visit The Learning Center for live and recorded web conferences, access to classroom-style workshops and self-study tools – all designed to help you stay competitive, serve more borrowers and make it easier to do business with us.
The information in this document is not a replacement or substitute for information found in the Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide and/or the terms of your Master Agreement and/or Master Commitment.