Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Mortgage
Reach more Veterans in high cost housing markets
Expand your business and generate more loans by providing VA-eligible borrowers with more homeownership opportunities.
Our VA mortgage offering provides all the existing benefits under the current Department of Veterans Affairs program, and allows an original principal balance (OPB) to $417,000 for the U.S. mainland, and $625,000 in Alaska, Guam, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Plus, with Loan Prospector's streamlined processing, you can approve Accept loans without VA automatic underwriter approval.
|Eligible Mortgage Products||
|Maximum LTV Ratios||
|Special Delivery Requirements||
|Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide||
Download a VA Mortgages fact sheet for more details.
A VA Mortgage allows you to:
- Provide homeownership opportunities to a new borrower segment and increase your origination volume.
- Sell VA mortgages to Freddie Mac through the selling system using our Fixed-rate Cash, Fixed-rate Guarantor, or MultiLender Swap executions.
Benefits for Borrowers
VA Mortgages help your VA-eligible borrowers:
- Use VA benefits with loans that have a higher OPB. This is important in high cost areas such as California, New York and New Jersey.
- Obtain maximum financing without mortgage insurance.
Get more information
- Call your Freddie Mac representative.
- Print a VA Mortgages fact sheet.
The information in this document is not a replacement or substitute for information found in the Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide and/or the terms of your Master Agreement and/or Master Commitment.