The Reorganized Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide: Intuitive with How You Work
We've reorganized the Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide (Guide) to be more intuitive and aligned with how our Sellers and Servicers work. The reorganized Guide became the official Guide on March 2, 2016. Guide content has been moved into three segments.
- Freddie Mac – Seller/Servicer Relationship has content common to both Sellers and Servicers and includes general contract terms (Series 1000 through 3000).
- Selling includes requirements applicable to your production and daily workflow for originating, underwriting, selling and delivering eligible loans (Series 4000 through 6000).
- Servicing includes requirements related to servicing mortgages for Freddie Mac (Series 7000 through 9000).
Note: We did not rewrite existing policies or requirements, nor did we introduce new ones as part of this effort.
Getting Ready - Resources
The reorganized Guide became the official Guide on March 2, 2016. All resources have been updated as of March 2, 2016.
- Freddie Mac Guide Position Summary (GPS). Use this resource to determine where Guide content is located in the reorganized Guide.
- Structure of reorganized Guide [pdf]. Summary of topics found within each series and a detailed explanation of the numbering scheme.
- Reorganized Guide FAQs.
- Reorganized Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide job aid. Print or save this 2 page document to use for quick reference.