Freddie Mac Borrower Help Centers and Network
Through our on-the-ground Borrower Help Centers and national Network, we work with trusted national nonprofit intermediaries to help struggling borrowers with Freddie Mac-owned mortgages avoid foreclosure.
The Borrower Help Centers and Borrower Help Network are trusted nonprofit intermediaries that contact troubled borrowers and help them identify and pursue their best options for keeping their homes, or making a graceful transition to alternative housing.
Specifically, the Borrower Help Centers and Borrower Help Network use trained counselors to:
- Help Servicers identify and contact unresponsive, at-risk borrowers and provide information about their options to avoid foreclosure;
- Assist borrowers with Freddie Mac mortgages in applying for mortgage modifications or other foreclosure alternatives;
- Act as liaisons who can supply Servicers with missing borrower information or documents needed to advance the borrower’s application for mortgage relief or foreclosure alternatives; and
- Offer holistic financial education assistance by HUD-approved counselors that goes beyond mortgage issues and includes debt and credit management that could affect the borrower’s ability to purchase a home or stay current on a mortgage after it is modified.
Borrower Help Center and Borrower Help Network services to borrowers and Servicers are free of charge.
Freddie Mac Borrower Help Centers are on-the-ground in areas that have been hit the hardest by the housing crisis. Borrowers living nearby can meet in-person with the nonprofit’s HUD-approved counselor, or talk by telephone. The national Freddie Mac Borrower Help Network assists homeowners by telephone who do not live near a Borrower Help Center.
Freddie Mac Borrower Help Centers
- Latin United Community Housing Association (LUCHA)
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago
- NID-Housing Counseling Agency
- Urban League of Broward County
- D&E, A Financial Education and Training Institute, Inc.
- Chicanos Por La Causa (Phoenix)
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Phoenix
- Chicanos Por La Causa (Las Vegas)
- Neighborhood Partnership Housing Services (NPHS)
- West Angeles Community Development Corporation
National Freddie Mac Borrower Help Network – Free Phone or In-Person Assistance
InCharge Debt Solutions
5750 Major Boulevard
Orlando, Florida 32819
877-300-4179 – phone
Other Freddie Mac Resources
- Refer distressed borrowers to our Freddie Mac Loan Look-up Tool to find out if their mortgage is owned by Freddie Mac.
- Visit the Freddie Mac Housing Professionals Resource Center to access downloadable fact sheets and other information about our foreclosure prevention options, trainings for housing counselors, and more.
- Subscribe to our Housing Professionals Outreach News email service to get the latest news and updates that will help you prepare borrowers for obtaining and sustaining homeownership. With your subscription to this email service, you can stay informed about new Freddie Mac borrower outreach initiatives, training opportunities, changes to Freddie Mac requirements, and other important information.
- Refer consumers to our CreditSmart® online training to learn about credit, money management, and responsible homeownership.