Be a Housing Industry Expert
We have the mortgage solutions, research, and the handy tools you need to be a housing industry expert.
Find a Mortgage That Matches Your Clients' Needs
Have clients who are first-time homebuyers? Of modest means? Need down payment or closing cost assistance? Are self-employed? Have credit that is less than perfect? Looking to purchase a home in a high-cost or rural location? Through our lender network, Freddie Mac offers flexible mortgage options that are tailored to the needs of your clients – and help you sell more homes.
Here are just a few of the flexible Freddie Mac mortgage options available through our lenders:
- Home Possible® Mortgages – Offers flexible credit terms and low down payments of 3-5 percent. Ideal for first-time and low- and moderate-income homebuyers, those purchasing homes in urban and rural communities, and repeat homebuyers.
Home Possible Mortgages Fact Sheet
- Condominium Unit Mortgages/Streamlined Condo Review – Condos sell, on average, 6 percent less than comparable stand-alone homes and offer more affordable mortgage payments and less out-of-pocket maintenance expenses. Ideal for first-time homebuyers and those with lower and/or limited incomes.
- Affordable Seconds® – For low- and moderate-income and first-time homebuyers who are using down payment assistance from state or local sources.
- Manufactured Homes – Provides a conventional, low-down-payment financing option for low- and moderate-income homebuyers who own land in rural communities.
- Mortgages for 2- to 4-unit Properties – Helps your low- and moderate-income clients in urban communities increase their homebuying power by using rental income to qualify for the mortgage.
View the list of all Freddie Mac mortgage options.
Down Payment Assistance
Help clients overcome down payment barriers – here's how:
- Start with an overview – Learn about the down payment assistance and closing cost sources your clients can apply for.
- Find programs by state: Directory of Down Payment Assistance from HUD's website.
- Determine eligibility: Down Payment Resource is an online tool where clients can enter in their info and find out if they are eligible.
Sell or List a Freddie Mac HomeSteps Property
Do you have clients who are interested in buying a foreclosed property? Have them search our list of available homes for sale on the Freddie Mac HomeSteps®, website. HomeSteps, which is the real estate sales unit of Freddie Mac, offers all types of homes for sale across the country.
Want to become a HomeSteps listing broker? Learn more about working with HomeSteps, the requirements for becoming a listing broker, which events and conferences that HomeSteps staff will be attending, and more.
|Sell a HomeSteps Property||List a HomeSteps Property|
|HomeSteps Properties for Sale||Working with HomeSteps|
|Submitting an Offer on a HomeSteps Home||Requirements for Becoming a Listing Broker|
|Offer Submission Checklist||HomeSteps Events and Conferences|
Understand Freddie Mac's Foreclosure Prevention Options
Have clients who know someone on the verge of foreclosure, and they've asked you to help – but first you need to become more familiar with what the options are? Get the information you need for you – and consumer-friendly fact sheets in English and Spanish to send to clients – that describe the options available to Freddie Mac borrowers to help them succeed as long-term homeowners.
Go to the Housing Counselors Resource Center Freddie Mac Foreclosure Prevention Options section.
Latest News and Housing Market Trends
The more you know, the more you can grow – your business, that is. Freddie Mac provides the latest news, information, data, analysis, and insight across a wide range of housing and economic indicators that you can use to stand out from the competition.
Freddie Mac Publications
- Economic and Housing Research
- Mortgage Rates Survey
- Insight and Outlook
- "Profile of Today's Renter" survey by Freddie Mac
- "Real Estate Professionals Survey" prepared by GfK for Freddie Mac
Other Real Estate Publications
- "State of Hispanic Homeownership Report" publication by the Hispanic Wealth Project and the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals
- "State of Housing in Black America" publication commissioned by the National Association of Real Estate Brokers
- "State of Asia America: 2016 Report", presented by RE/MAX
- In the Spotlight
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Referrals
- Networking Events and Trainings
- Housing Professionals Outreach News Subscription Center
Real Estate Trade Associations
- National Association of REALTORS® (NAR)
- Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA)
- National Association of Gay & Lesbian Real Estate Professionals (NAGLREP)
- National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP)
- National Association of Real Estate Brokers (NAREB)
- National Association of Women in Real Estate Businesses
- Veterans Association of Real Estate Professionals (VAREP)