Education and Training Tools
Looking for learning opportunities and tools you can use to educate yourself and your clients about Freddie Mac's borrower outreach initiatives? Register for our housing professionals-focused webinars, view our videos, and customize and download our consumer-focused presentations and materials here.
- If you are a new housing counselor or a real estate professional looking for a brief explanation of the role Freddie Mac plays in the secondary mortgage market and how we connect borrowers, lenders, and investors from around the world to make home possible for millions of families, view our short, instructional video, Freddie Mac and Your Mortgage.
- Become familiar with the educational resources available for your clients in our My Home by Freddie MacSM consumer website. See the overview video here.
- Register for a free, instructor-led CreditSmart® train-the-trainer webinar series for housing professionals – offered on September 14, 21, 28 and October 5, 2017 (plus an optional bonus class on October 12, 2017, called, "Supercharge Your Credit Counseling Program"). Click here to sign up.
Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
View case studies that document best practices in foreclosure intervention counseling. These case studies highlight effective strategies such as using triage protocols, conducting client intake in groups, managing caseloads, and more.
- Delivering Service Based on a Specialty Staffing Model
- Managing Foreclosure Counseling Caseloads and Costs
- Helping More Homeowners Through Efficient Service Delivery
- Using Triage Protocols to Manage Overwhelming Demands for Foreclosure Intervention Counseling More Effectively
- Serving Distressed Homeowners in Groups
- Utilizing Foreclosure Specialists in a Statewide Network
- Providing Quality Training to Foreclosure Intervention Counselors
- Improving Outcomes Using Emerging Technologies
- Default Servicing Best Practices for Housing Counselors
Educate Your Clients
- Select, download, distribute, and present to your clients these customizable, professionally designed classroom presentations and marketing materials for every stage of homeownership, including:
- Refer your clients to these helpful Freddie Mac.com web pages if they’re exploring homeownership for the first time or searching for a solution to avoid foreclosure or make their payments more affordable and sustainable:
- CreditSmart® Consumer Online Financial Education Curriculum (English and Spanish)
- My Home by Freddie MacSM consumer website:
- Get the Facts on Foreclosure Video Series
- See if Freddie Mac Owns My Loan
- Beware of Fraud
- Mortgage Relief Options for Service Members