How to Customize Freddie Mac's Marketing Materials:
Step 1. Select and save a template
- Browse our selection of templates for marketing materials such as posters, postcards, flyers, brochures and presentation decks.
- When you find a template that you would like to use (you can use as many as you wish), open the template in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint*.
- For online templates, click on the picture or the link to open the template in Microsoft Word. To customize PowerPoint presentations, right click on the hyperlink and select “Save Target As” to save the file on your computer. (For Internet Explorer Users only)
- For templates on a CD, double-click on the file name in Windows Explorer to open the template in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint.
- Save the template by clicking on “File”, “Save as”, browse to where you want to save the file, and save.
Step 2. Customize the template
(You will need to add at least your organization's name, either in text or in your logo.)
- Open the saved Microsoft Word or PowerPoint file.
- To add your logo, go to the menu bar, click on “Insert”, “Picture”, “From File”, and then browse to where you have your logo saved and double click on the file name. Your logo will work best as a .tif file.
- To move your logo within the customizable area:
- For Microsoft Word files, right click on the graphic, select “Format Picture”, go to the “Layout” tab, choose “Tight”, and click “OK”.
- For PowerPoint files, click on the graphic to select it, then drag the graphic within the customizable area.
- To resize your logo, click on the graphic to select it, then drag and drop one of the highlighted corner handles to make the graphic larger or smaller.
- Type in your contact and/or event information in the designated area. You may want to include your organization's name, address, phone number, e-mail address, or Web site and/or the time and place of an event.
- If desired, add the logos and/or contact information of other organizations you are working with to provide the Freddie Mac product or initiative. (Be sure to have their permission to do so)
- Confirm that all added graphics and information fit within the designated customization area.
Step 3. Print
- Print copies on your office printer or, for best results, use a copy service to make copies from your hard copy or electronic file.
- Please note that all 4-by-9-inch brochures must be printed by a professional printing shop that can output double-sided, four-color copies and has the ability to trim and fold the brochure to its intended size.
- Templates may be printed in color or black-and-white.
- You may print an unlimited number of copies of these materials.
- For best results, use white coated stock paper.
Templates are designed to work with Microsoft Word or PowerPoint.