How to Customize Your Step-By-Step Mortgage Guide
Step 1. Save the templates.
Your Step-by-Step Mortgage Guide contains two separate templates, including a PDF file and a Microsoft Word file:
- PDF file for the main part of the guide. You will need Adobe Acrobat Professional Reader to open this file.
- Microsoft Word file for the back page of the guide. This section can be customized with your organization's contact information and logo.
- Save both the PDF and Microsoft Word templates to your hard drive. You will only need to customize the Microsoft Word template.
Step 2. Customize the template.
Follow the instructions below to customize the back page of the guide with your organization's contact information and logo:
- Open the Microsoft Word file.
- To add your logo, go to the Microsoft Word menu bar, click on "Insert", "Picture", "From File", and then browse to where you have your logo saved and double click on the file name. Your logo will work best as a .tif file.
- To move your logo within the customizable area, right click on the graphic, select "Format Picture", go to the "Layout" tab, choose "Tight", and click "OK".
- To resize your logo, click on the graphic to select it, then drag and drop one of the highlighted corner handles to make the graphic larger or smaller.
- Type in your contact and/or event information in the designated area. You may want to include your organization's name, address, phone number, e-mail address, or Web site and/or the time and place of an event.
- It is important that you also add any disclosures required by your institution in this area, such as the Equal Housing Opportunity Graphic. This particular graphic is available from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development at
- Confirm that all added graphics and information fit within the designated customization area.
Step 3. Print
After you have customized the back cover, follow the printing instructions below:
- Print copies of both the Microsoft Word and PDF files on your office printer or, for best results, use a copy service to make copies of these files.
- The templates may be printed in color or black-and-white.
- Staple the Microsoft Word template with the logo and contact information to the back of the document.
- For best results, use white coated stock paper.