New Spanish-Language Version of CreditSmart® Consumer Online Training Now Available
October 14, 2013
Freddie Mac has launched a new Spanish-language version of the CreditSmart consumer web-based training course. Through this interactive course, Spanish-speaking consumers will gain access to the critical skills needed to understand the financial responsibilities of owning and keeping their home.
How it Works
We have made this flexible, easy-to-understand course available to consumers 24 hours a day, seven days a week on FreddieMac.com. Consumers can conveniently complete each of the 12 Creditsmart modules anytime – anywhere at their own pace. Whether your borrowers are considering homeownership for the first time or currently own a home and need information on how to avoid foreclosure, this new learning tool will provide one-stop shopping access to a wealth of information to help consumers:
- Understand the importance of building credit to secure their financial future.
- Gain insight into how lenders assess their eligibility for a mortgage loan.
- Recognize the warning signs of predatory lending and scams.
- Learn the steps to successful homeownership.
- Safeguard their home and their finances against life's unexpected challenges.
- Learn what to do if they ever have difficulty making their mortgage payments.
Reach More Prospective Borrowers in Your Community
You can now reach more prospective borrowers in your community by referring your Spanish-speaking borrowers to www.FreddieMac.com/creditsmart/consumer_training.html so that they can get the information they need to achieve their financial and homeownership goals – whether it's improving their credit, managing their money, or becoming a responsible homeowner. You can also use this new web-based training to complement existing financial or homeownership education programs provided by you, your loan officers, and others in your organization.
- Visit www.FreddieMac.com/CreditSmart to learn more about the award-winning CreditSmart curriculum.