GSEs Announce UCD Delivery Requirement for Q3 2017
May 24, 2016
Today, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae (the GSEs) are announcing that to assist lenders and vendors with their Uniform Closing Dataset (UCD) planning and implementation timelines, they will require delivery of the UCD in Q3 2017 for all loans acquired by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae. The UCD is a common industry dataset that allows information on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s Closing Disclosure to be communicated electronically.
Separate UCD Collection Solutions
Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae will implement independent collection solutions for the UCD, specifically:
- Each GSE will have separate system implementation and testing timelines for their own collection solution.
- Each GSE will provide separate communications, training and support materials that have been designed specific to their own collection system.
Although the GSEs will be implementing separate UCD collection solutions, they will adhere to the guiding principles established under the Uniform Mortgage Data Program®, which include alignment on the following:
- The GSEs are using an identical UCD Delivery Specification, which can be found on their respective UCD pages on FreddieMac.com and Fanniemae.com.
- The UCD XML file contains the same data points, enumerations and conditionality.
- The UCD collection mandate timelines are identical for both GSEs.
The GSEs will provide further specificity regarding the UCD collection mandate date later in 2016.
For additional questions about the UCD, contact your Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae representative.
For more information on the UCD, check out our Web page.
This communication relates to the Uniform Mortgage Data Program®, an effort undertaken jointly by Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae at the direction of their regulator, the Federal Housing Finance Agency.