Building Continues: Additional Investor Reporting Technical Specifications
January 18, 2017
Today, we published the second of two technical specifications releases to support our Investor Reporting Change Initiative. This publication builds on our previously published business requirements, with:
- Several updates to existing data requirements.
- One new technical specification document detailing the business-to-business draft file layout.
Onward Towards the New Standard
To further support your continued development, we recommend that you:
- Analyze the technical specifications to see how they'll impact processes and procedures throughout your organization. Discuss them with any vendors who support you, and allocate sufficient resources towards development work through implementation in October 2018.
- Review our updated FAQs. We've made comprehensive updates to our FAQs document to address common questions we've heard from you.
- Check out our detailed timeline to stay on track – see where we are and where we're going throughout this initiative.
Remember, these investor reporting changes affect all Freddie Mac Seller/Servicers, regardless of whether you use a vendor, proprietary systems or the Freddie Mac Service Loans application.
Heads Up: Requirements Updates and Upcoming Survey
Today, we're also announcing the following:
- We've published minor updates to our business requirements, which were originally released on October 18, 2016. These updates help clarify some of the requirements and further expand upon data cutover activities. Please review Appendix C for more details.
- During Q1 2017, you may receive a survey from us gauging your testing capabilities to support these investor reporting changes. We anticipate external testing will begin in Q1 2018 and would appreciate working with you to lay the foundation for a successful implementation.