Guide Bulletin 2017-15: Updates on Investor Reporting Changes and More
August 30, 2017
In today’s Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide (Guide) Bulletin 2017-15, we’re updating you on our ongoing Investor Reporting Change Initiative, Uniform Instrument requirements and highlighting Servicer impacts from Guide Bulletin 2017-10.
Investor Reporting Change Initiative
We’re providing updates on the following topics related to our investor reporting changes:
For Sellers & Servicers:
- Automated clearing house authorization for drafting principal & interest due, including introducing new Guide Form 1132A and allowing electronic submissions Form 1132.
- Guidance on our Standard Remittance Cycle.
- Plans for customer testing, including revised timing.
- Requirements for cutover and transition in May 2019.
- Other initiative implementation requirements.
Have you started the first few critical steps? Review our Getting Ready Checklist – stay on target for our May 2019 deadline.
- Review the updated technical specifications, which include a new specification. The new Electronic Data Interchange Changes document provides details on new transaction-level events and translation rules.
- Sign-up for initiative-specific news! If you’d like to receive the latest non-Guide Bulletin news on our investor reporting changes, including information on resources and other updates, make sure to sign-up for our email distribution.
Additional Guide Updates
- Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac MERS Mortgage Assignment (Form 3749) for Maine mortgages.
- Storage requirements for electronically recorded paper and electronic closing and post-closing documents.
- Concurrent transfers of servicing.
- Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form.