Go-live Date for New UMBS Announced
March 28, 2018
The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) has announced June 3, 2019, as the go-live date for the Uniform Mortgage-Backed Securities™ (UMBS™). This is the date Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae will begin issuing these securities, creating the new combined GSE market of to-be-announced (TBA) eligible securities.
What does this mean for you?
- There will be new business opportunities for you, whether you do guarantor business or sell loans for cash.
- If you’re active in the TBA securities market, forward trading of UMBS will likely begin as early as March 2019.
- You’ll want to start on your impact assessments and planning as soon as possible so you can be ready for the changes this new market will bring.
Start with the Single Security Market Adoption Playbook, which is designed to help stakeholders, including Seller/Servicers, understand the impacts of the Single Security Initiative.
For more information
- FHFA press release
- Freddie Mac statement
- Single Security: What does it mean for Seller/Servicers
- Freddie Mac Single Security web page