ULDD Phase 3 Update
November 20, 2018
Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae (the GSEs) are providing an update to Phase 3 of the Uniform Loan Delivery Dataset (ULDD), as a follow up to our July 10, 2018 announcement. The GSEs are clarifying updates to existing ULDD Phase 3 data points, as described below.
Today's updates reflect joint GSE changes to:
- Further align GSE loan delivery requirements.
- Incorporate recently announced policy changes.
- Address customer feedback.
No new data points or enumerations are introduced with the November 2018 update.
As a reminder, because the Phase 3 import file contains all Phase 2 data, you can use the Phase 3 import file as soon as you are operationally ready to deliver both Phase 2 and Phase 3 loans during the transition period. Effective May 20, 2019, loans delivered with Application Received Dates on or after January 1, 2019, must meet the ULDD Phase 3 requirements.
The GSEs continue to engage with Sellers and technology vendors to assist them in preparing for the ULDD Phase 3 mandate. Please contact your technology vendor or internal technology team to ensure you understand their timeline for supporting the ULDD Phase 3 mandate.
ULDD Phase 3 Timeline
The GSEs are providing the updated implementation timeline shown below to identify each of their remaining ULDD Phase 3 system implementation dates.
Highlights of today's updates include the following Freddie Mac changes:
- Updated Property Valuation Amount (Sort ID 83), Home Equity Combined LTV Ratio Percent (Sort ID 92), and Purchase Price Amount (Sort ID 195) to provide instructions for Community Land Trust Mortgages and for mortgages secured by properties with resale restrictions.
- Updated the Implementation Notes for Escrow Balance Amount (Sort ID 363) to remove the requirement to deliver this data point for mortgages with servicing retained.
- Revised Conditionality Details for Adjustment Rule Type (Sort ID 332.1), Per Change Rate Adjustment Frequency Months Count (Sort ID 332.2), and Initial Fixed Period Effective Months Count (Sort ID 337.1) to require Mortgage Modification Indicator (Sort ID 397) of 'true', in alignment with Fannie Mae.
- Updated the Implementation Notes for Closing Cost Contribution Amount (Sort ID 151) and Down Payment Amount (Sort ID 172) to remove exclusion of prepaids/escrow items.
- Clarified the Implementation Notes for Counseling Confirmation Type (Sort ID 576) and Counseling Format Type (Sort ID 578).
- Adjusted the ULDDS Format length for Servicer Loan Identifier (Sort ID 403) to align with Fannie Mae.
Important Dates for Loan Selling Advisor®
March 2019 (TBD):
- All ULDD Phase 3 data may be imported or delivered in Loan Selling Advisor® including the additional Escrow Item Type enumerations announced in July 2018.
- The additional Escrow Item Type enumerations announced in July 2018 will be available for testing in the Customer Test Environment (CTE).
- The exact date of the March release and update of the CTE will be provided in a future communication.
The following documents have been updated and published to the ULDD web page:
Visit Freddie Mac's ULDD page to learn more about the loan delivery data requirements. For further information about ULDD Phase 3, or this announcement, please reach out to your Freddie Mac representative.