Private Mortgage Insurer Eligibility Requirements (PMIERs)
Private mortgage insurance (MI) is an important component of the housing finance system, one that helps make homeownership possible for families who may have challenges securing a higher down payment.
Freddie Mac helps support a sound and stable housing finance system by working with private mortgage insurers that have the financial strength and operational capacities to do business with us.
For mortgages sold to Freddie Mac that require MI, Seller/Servicers must only use approved MI companies as listed on Exhibit 10, Freddie Mac-Approved Mortgage Insurers.
This page contains the requirements and guidelines for MI companies to obtain and maintain Freddie Mac approval.
- Private Mortgage Insurer Eligibility Requirements (PMIERs)
- Exhibit B: Operational Performance Scorecard and Data
- Exhibit C: Monthly Claims Activity Report
- Exhibit D: Quarterly Portfolio and Financial Supplement
- Exhibit E: Annual Certificate of Compliance
- Exhibit F: Quarterly Portfolio Loan Level Dataset
- PMIERs Implementation Timeline
- PMIERs Guidance 2016-01
- PMIERs Guidance 2016-02
- PMIERs Guidance 2017-01
- Amended and Restated GSE Rescission Relief Principles – NEW
The new private mortgage insurer eligibility standards take effect on December 31, 2015. For more information about the new standards, please refer to the following resources.