Fraud Prevention Resources
- Review the following documents which are also available in the Mortgage Fraud Prevention Toolkit:
- Use our Fraud Prevention Toolkit to help educate your staff and borrowers on how to prevent mortgage fraud. Download the materials and customize them with your contact information and logo.
- Read mortgage fraud articles about current and emerging fraud trends, schemes and best practices.
- View a comprehensive fraud prevention best practices document, which includes:
- Preventing and Detecting Fraud: What to look for, reporting fraud to Freddie Mac and steps for preventing and resolving fraud.
- Mortgage Screening Checklist: A list of inconsistencies or "red flags" you may find in a mortgage file.
- Read the Short Sale Fraud Prevention Summary for Real Estate Industry Professionals
- Visit our Quality Control Resources and Fraud Prevention website
- Register for the Freddie Mac Quality Control training webinar.
Other Fraud Prevention Resources
- Mortgage Asset Research Institute (MARI) mortgage fraud reports provide information on the latest mortgage fraud trends and schemes.
- Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) Fights Mortgage Fraud Web page offers tools and resources to help lenders prevent, investigate, and combat mortgage fraud.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) mortgage fraud Web page provides the latest mortgage fraud statistics and resources.
- Financial Crimes Enforcement Network – Mortgage Fraud Web page provides mortgage fraud related news releases, reports, advisories and resources.
- Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force Web page (StopFraud.gov) provides a wide variety of financial fraud information, including information on mortgage, loan, lending and related mortgage frauds.
- Loan Modification Scam Alert Web page provides information on loan modification scams, including how to spot and report these types of scams.