Mortgage Fraud Trends
The following articles originally appeared in our monthly newsletter, and can help you understand current and emerging fraud trends, schemes and best practices.
Mortgage Fraud Investigation Unit Case Studies
- Foreclosure rescue scheme with an investment property scheme
- Condominium conversion bailout and investment property scheme
Mortgage Fraud Schemes
- Short payoff fraud
- Condominium conversion bailouts
- Fraudulent investment property schemes
- "The builder bailout"
- Illegal property flipping with cash-out purchases
- False stated income
- Foreclosure rescue schemes
Mortgage Fraud Information and Best Practices
- Detected Any Mortgage Fraud Schemes Lately?
- Reporting Mortgage Fraud Plays a Key Role in Prevention Efforts for Servicers
- The Importance of Reporting Origination Mortgage Fraud
- Types of mortgage fraud
- Best practices to detect and avoid mortgage fraud
- Spotlight on Freddie Mac's Fraud Investigation Unit
- Fraud prevention: Best practices and red flags