Quality Control Information Manager
Review Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide Bulletin 2015-17 for the origination and remedies framework (the "remedies framework"), effective for mortgages with settlement dates on and after January 1, 2016, which provides more clarity and transparency on how Freddie Mac identifies origination defects, corrections of those defects and the available remedies.
Quality Control Information Manager (QCIM) is a complete end-to-end system for managing your Quality Control (QC) post-funding process. With this secure, web-based system, your QC management process is:
- More transparent – Get greater transparency into the status of the review of a loan throughout the loan file review and remedy processes.
- Quicker – Upload documents online, such as complete loan files, missing documents, incomplete documents and appeals and additional documents.
- Easier – Access, view and download monthly QC sample file requests. More simply track statuses and easily identify outstanding requests.
Key QCIM features:
Manage overall QC data with flexible reports and individualized dashboards to help you identify and correct loan manufacturing process deficiencies.
- Customize dashboards give a view of loan file deficiencies, QC loan file sample trending and the loan file review pipeline.
- Enhanced reporting illustrates the Top 5 Deficiencies, Top 10 Missing Documents and Missing Document Rate.
- Detailed deficiency information includes Top 5 Deficiencies, detailed Deficiency Category and Deficiency Trending information. Track and analyze QC trends to pinpoint and correct deficiencies you’ve identified in your loan manufacturing process.
- Loan Review Summary for both Performing Loans (PL) and Non-performing Loans (NPL) includes QC loan review acceptance rates, Remedy data, and deficiency trending.
- QC Key Indicators identify issues with your loan file submissions to improve file completeness and ultimately shorten your file review timeline.
- QC timelines show the average number of days it takes Freddie Mac to complete a file review, as well as the average number of days for appeal decisions.
Loan File Management
Manage loan file and document requests.
- Track status of loan file requests to determine what loans are pending or incomplete.
- See detail on pending file requests and missing documents, including incomplete document requests, due dates and upload history.
- Upload loan files and missing documents to verify receipt that Freddie Mac received your submitted documents, and track the status of the request to ensure that the request was fulfilled.
Manage the remedy requests and appeals process.
- Monitor your remedy pipeline by easily tracking the status of your remedies.
- Upload and track status of pending appeals.
- Manage repurchase late fees by tracking the number of days the repurchase request has been outstanding.
- Request, track and view loss statements and view your month-end Remedy Management reports.
The QCIM Sign-up Process
To sign up your company for QCIM, follow these steps:
- Complete the Seller/Servicer Officer Certification and Appointment of Customer Administrator Form to designate your Administrator.
- The form must be signed by an Officer of the Seller/Servicer (Assistant Vice President or higher rank or other equivalent Officer title) who is authorized to approve a Customer Administrator.
- Attach the signed form to an email and send to the QCIM mailbox.
- Once your Administrator is set up in QCIM, he/she will approve additional QCIM users as needed.
Note: If you are a new QCIM user in your company, you can request your own ID and password by sending an email to the QCIM mailbox or by logging into QCIM and click the "New User" link.
- Quality Control Information Manager (QCIM) Functionality Guide
- Quality Control Information Manager (QCIM) Glossary
- Quality Control Information Manager Just the Basics Tutorial
- QCIM Remedy Management Tutorial
- QCIM Management Reporting Tutorial
- QCIM Upload Documents Tutorial
- Read the QCIM fact Sheet
- For technical support, call (855) 748-4784.
- For more information, contact your Freddie Mac representative.
Sample QCIM Screens
See what QCIM and the new Management Reporting function looks like by viewing sample screen shots.