Reliable and effective quality control (QC) programs are essential to your success in the mortgage industry. Organizations with a commitment to QC recognize that quality begins before an application is taken and continues throughout the entire mortgage origination process. To help make your QC experience with us productive and positive, we hope you will take advantage of the wide variety of reference guides, tools, and technology available to you on our website.
Freddie Mac Single-Family Quality Control TipCast
Hear about what happens after a loan has been selected for a Freddie Mac postfunding QC review from Mary Anne Morgan, Senior Director, Single-Family Quality Control.Listen
Technology and Tools
- Quality Control Information Manager (QCIM) – A secure web-based application enabling Seller/Servicers to manage performing and non-performing loan data through the post-funding QC process. QCIM is available to all Freddie Mac customers with loan file requests and/or outstanding repurchase requests.
- Document Management System – Securely upload and submit imaged loan files to QC for review. The system is designed for sellers delivering less than 20 loan files for QC review each month.
QC and Fraud Prevention Best Practices
Learn how to develop and maintain a comprehensive QC program, improve loan quality, and mitigate fraud losses.
- QC Best Practices
- Establishing and managing an in-house QC program
- Reporting on your QC program
- Freddie Mac's post-funding QC review
- A Renewed Focus on Quality Control
- Focus on The FACTS: The Key to Strengthening Loan Quality
- Fraud Prevention Best Practices
- Mortgage Fraud Web page
- Best Practices for Transactions Involving Possible Property Flips
- Best Practices for Underwriting and Appraisals
Refer to the following documents to improve your understanding about how to handle loan data differences and key information about effective QC.
- Anti-predatory Lending Requirements
- Freddie Mac Rental Income Matrix
- How to Access Freddie Mac's Exclusionary List in Loan Prospector
- Loan Prospector Documentation Matrix
- Mortgage Fraud Prevention Resources
- Underwriting Training and Education Resources
- Wholesale Originations Best Practices
- Representation and Warranty Framework Web page – Resources related to Version 1 and Version 2
- Postfunding QC review checklists:
- APL/Compliance Documentation Checklist – The Quality Control Anti-Predatory/Compliance Review Documentation Checklist
- APL/Compliance/PL/NPL Documentation Checklist – The Quality Control Anti Predatory Lending & Performing/Non-Performing Loan (Dual Review) Documentation Checklist
- PL/NPL Documentation Checklist – The Quality Control Performing/Non-Performing Loan Documentation Checklist
- Announcements regarding QC