Reliable and effective quality control (QC) programs are essential to your success in the mortgage industry. Organizations with a commitment to QC recognize that quality begins before an application is taken and continues throughout the entire mortgage origination process. To help make your QC experience with us productive and positive, we hope you will take advantage of the wide variety of reference guides, tools, and technology available to you on our website.
Freddie Mac Quality Control TipCast
Listen to Chris Mock, VP Quality Control, discuss QC’s 2014 goals for making it easier to do business with us.Listen
Technology and Tools
- Quality Control Information Manager (QCIM) – A secure web-based application enabling Seller/Servicers to manage performing and non-performing loan data through the post-funding QC process. QCIM is available to all Freddie Mac customers but is most valuable to those who have a large number of loan file requests and/or outstanding repurchase requests per month. For more information, please contact your Freddie Mac Loan File Delivery or Remedy Management contact.
- Data Management System – Securely upload and submit imaged loan files to QC for review. The system is designed for sellers delivering less than 20 loan files for QC review each month.
QC and Fraud Prevention Best Practices
Learn how to develop and maintain a comprehensive QC program, improve loan quality, and mitigate fraud losses.
- QC Best Practices
- Establishing and managing an in-house QC program
- Reporting on your QC program
- Freddie Mac’s post-funding QC review
- A Renewed Focus on Quality Control
- Focus on The FACTS: The Key to Strengthening Loan Quality
- Fraud Prevention Best Practices
- Mortgage Fraud Web page
- Best Practices for Transactions Involving Possible Property Flips
- Best Practices for Underwriting and Appraisals
- Practices for Avoiding Predatory Lending
Refer to the following documents to improve your understanding about how to handle loan data differences and key information about effective QC.
- Anti-predatory Lending Requirements
- Documenting Lawful Residency Status for Non-U.S. Citizens
- Freddie Mac Rental Income Matrix
- How to Access Freddie Mac's Exclusionary List in Loan Prospector
- Loan Prospector Documentation Matrix
- Mortgage Fraud Prevention Resources
- Underwriting Training and Education Resources
- Wholesale Originations Best Practices
- New Representation and Warranty Framework Web page – In September 2012, Freddie Mac announced a revised representation and warranty framework that impacts our QC review process and enforcement policies.
- Recent announcements regarding QC