Resources for Responsible Lending
Implementing responsible lending practices reduces repurchases, helps ensure borrowers are successful throughout the life of their loan, and even strengthens communities. Take advantage of these recourses to help keep your business moving forward.
Focus On Credit, Capacity, and Collateral
Focusing on credit, capacity, and collateral – the "three C’s" of underwriting, is key to delivering high quality loans.
Learn how to assess a borrower's credit using an automated underwriting system like Loan Product Advisor® or by manually underwriting the loan.
- Tools & References
Learn how to analyze and document a borrower's assets, acceptable sources of funds, and income and employment history.
Improve your proficiency in reviewing appraisal or property inspection reports in order to meet Freddie Mac requirements.
- Tools & References
Improve Your Loan Manufacturing Process Through Fraud Prevention and Quality Control
Having a rigorous post-funding quality control program and sound pre-funding quality control practices will help you prevent mortgage fraud so you can deliver high-quality loans.
Review the resources below to help you better understand our quality control processes.
Tools and References
- Quality Control Web page
- A Renewed Focus on Quality Control
- Focus on The FACTS: The Key to Strengthening Loan Quality
Fraud Prevention and Anti-Predatory Lending
Review these resources to strengthen your awareness of mortgage fraud and help prevent it.
- Preventing Mortgage Fraud
- Mortgage Fraud Prevention Tips
- Fraud Prevention Toolkit
- Mortgage Fraud: Don't Forget About the Classics – New
- Mortgage Fraud Trends
- Go to the 'Quality Control and Fraud' tab on The Learning Center
- FAQ: Combating Predatory Lending
- Anti-predatory Lending Requirements
Have Greater Certainty in Your Loan Quality with Loan Product Advisor® and Loan Quality AdvisorSM
Learn how Loan Product Advisor and Loan Quality Advisor provide greater confidence that the loans you sell to Freddie Mac meet our purchase requirements.
- Loan Product Advisor® – our risk assessment tool gives you access to our credit terms and provides loan specific underwriting guidance.
Visit The Learning Center for a complete list of available and upcoming webinars, quick references, and other tools that address responsible lending standards.