Sell and Deliver
Get details on our pricing, sales executions, delivery requirements, document custody, the Freddie Mac selling system, ULDD, training, and other information from commitment through certification and funding.
Selling system integrates all secondary market functions into a single platform, including pricing, contracting, and delivery needs.
LQA gives you an automated way to identify credit, data, and purchase eligibility issues before you deliver loans to Freddie Mac.Learn More
Choose a cash or securities execution for your mortgages, or explore a bulk sale of mortgages you're currently holding in your portfolio.
- Sell for Cash
Best efforts, servicing-released, servicing-retained, Weighted Average Coupon (WAC) ARM Cash
- Swap for Securities
Fixed-rate Guarantor, MultiLender Swap, WAC ARM Guarantor
- Portfolio Strategy and Sale Solutions
Sale options, data submission, and portfolio solutions
Access the various indices and delivery fee information to help you choose the execution that matches your business objectives.
Guarantor and MultiLender Swap
When you deliver mortgages to Freddie Mac, you're delivering loan data through our systems, with other documentation and information that we require. By delivering accurate data and information, you can ensure smooth completion of your Freddie Mac sale transaction.
Refer to Guide Chapter 17 for delivery instructions for Mortgage Data Delivery Requirements.
April 24, 2014 – We've updated Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide (Guide) requirements in Guide Chapter 18. We've also revised and renamed Guide Form 1036,from Request for Release of Documents to Request for Physical or Constructive Possession of Documents. For more information, please review Guide Bulletin 2014-6.
February 14, 2014 – In Guide Bulletin 2014-2 Freddie Mac announced the following changes to the certification requirements for Mortgages with Living Trusts as borrowers:
- Sellers must provide Document Custodians with all information required to certify Notes by both the Custodial Certification Schedule and the Freddie Mac selling system.
- Sellers must provide Document Custodians that use an alternative verification process with Non-Individual Borrower Type and Non-Individual Borrower Name data for any underwritten settlors.
- Document Custodians should update their alternative verification processes so that Living Trust loan data imported from the selling system is recognized by and correctly compared to Document Custodian system loan information.
On May 15, 2013, Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide Bulletin 2013-8 announced requirement changes for living trusts and land trusts, including:
- Living trusts. Effective for mortgages with note dates on or after September 1, 2013, eligible occupancy types will be expanded to include investment properties, and modifying our signature requirements. However, loan documents may be executed using our revised signature requirements immediately.
- Land trusts. Effective September 1, 2013, mortgages on properties for which the legal and equitable title is held by a land trust will no longer be eligible for purchase under the Guide. Sellers must have a negotiated term of business to sell Freddie Mac such mortgages.
Tools and Resources
- Freddie Mac Contacts for Document Custody – Contact us directly or use our online form if you have questions and comments.
- Document Custody Procedures Handbook – Find guidelines that will help you meet our requirements for document custody processes.
- Implementation Guide for Selling System Export - Document Custodians – Review the export formats for the ULDD named fields in the selling system.
- Certifying Mortgages for Freddie Mac tutorial.
- Training and Resources.
Help & Training
Whether you're new to Freddie Mac or a frequent seller – you will find solutions that meet all your training needs here. Let us help you manage your pipeline whether you sell to us for cash or swap for securities.
Sell and Deliver: Training and Resources
Select a topic below for self-serve resources such as training, quick references, and other information.
Descriptions of all Selling & Delivery resources for training and education are available in this comprehensive, easy-to-print reference.
Upcoming Training Events
Selling & Delivery training is offered in convenient, self-study tutorials available online 24/7.
Training for this topic is offered in convenient, web-based self-study resources. There are no training events scheduled at this time. Please view a complete list of training events on other topics of interest.
Workshop Web Event