Meeting Delivery Requirements for FHFA-Required Loan-Level Origination Data
As the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) provided in its loan level-origination data requirements, we are required to collect the following unique identifiers for mortgages with application dates on or after July 1, 2010:
- Loan originator identifier – The loan originator's unique identifier as assigned by the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and required based on the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2003 (S.A.F.E. Act).
- Loan origination company identifier – The loan origination company's identifier as assigned by NMLS. The loan origination company is the company the loan originator is employed by or is representing as an independent contractor.
- Appraiser's state license number – The field appraiser's state license number (or state certification number in the absence of a license number) issued by the state in which the subject property is located.
- Supervisory appraiser's state license number – The supervisory appraiser's state license number (or state certification number in the absence of a license number) issued by the state in which the subject property is located.
Delivering the Unique Identifiers
- For loans delivered on or after July 23, 2012, with application dates on and after December 1, 2011, the Seller must follow the delivery instructions of the Uniform Loan Delivery Dataset (ULDD) for the required unique identifiers (see Guide Sections 17.7 and 17.11 for more information).
- Identifiers mapped to Selling System name:
- Loan originator identifier = Loan Originator Identifier
- Loan origination company identifier = Loan Origination Company Identifier
- Appraiser’s state license number = Appraiser License Identifier
- Supervisory appraiser’s state license number = Appraiser Supervisor Identifier
Selling System Warning Messages
To assist Seller/Servicers in delivering the required loan level origination data, the selling system provides warning messages:
- Sellers that do not enter the appraiser's state license number and the supervisory appraiser's state license number, if applicable, receive a warning message upon mortgage delivery.
- Sellers that do not enter the loan originator and loan originator company identifiers receive a warning message upon mortgage delivery.
For More Information
- Review our FAQs for additional guidance on the loan-level & origination data delivery requirements.
- Visit the NMLS Resource Center for information on state licensing and federal registration.
- Read our Single-Family News Center article: SEC and Other Loan Data Delivery Requirements.
- Refer to Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide Bulletin 2012-8.
- Refer to Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide Bulletin 2009-27.
- View the January 31, 2011 joint press release, Agencies Announce Start of Initial Registration Period Under S.A.F.E. Act’s Mortgage Loan Originator Provisions.
- View FHFA's January 15, 2009 press release, FHFA Announces New Mortgage Data Origination Requirements.