How to Sell Loans through Cash-Released XChangeSM
Increase your liquidity while selling your mortgage and servicing asset
If you're new to doing business with Freddie Mac in our Cash-Released XChange, read on for the information you need to get started. Plus, access a variety of training resources to help you learn the process, get details on transferring your loan servicing, and more.
Get Started Selling Servicing-Released
Once you've been approved to use the Cash-Released XChange execution, you'll need to complete a few essential steps, then you'll be ready to take advantage of this competitive execution for your cash sales. To get started:
- Go to Doing Single-Family Business with Freddie Mac
- Choose the Get Started Checklist, and select "servicing-released"
- Answer the questions provided and click “Generate Checklist“
- Complete the forms provided on the Get Started Checklist page and be sure to follow each form's individual return instructions
- Once you receive a confirmation e-mail, allow approximately three business days for your access to Loan Selling AdvisorSM to be activated so that you can start selling loans through Cash-Released XChange.
As part of our continuing efforts to promote responsible lending practices and manage our risks associated with loans sold through Cash-Released XChange, your ability to use this execution option may be withdrawn at our discretion for reasons that include:
- Failure to sell and deliver loans through the execution within six months from the date you receive approval to use this execution
- Failure to maintain satisfactory financial condition
Cash-Released XChange Sale Process
Refer to these resources for important details on Cash-Released XChange.
- Loan Servicing Purchase and Sales Agreement (Exhibit 28A) – Review this document to understand your agreement with the servicers that will buy the loan's servicing rights
Sell and Deliver Loans
Easily and conveniently sell your loans for cash through Loan Selling Advisor
- Available Mortgages – View Freddie Mac's Loan Selling Advisor Availability Matrix Cash-Released XChange and Best Efforts
- Freddie Mac's Postsettlement Credit Fees in Price (Exhibit 19) – Review our matrix of loan-level price adjustments, including credit fees in price and/or credits for credit fees in price based on certain loan attributes
For a wide range of job aids and references you need to use Loan Selling Advisor, visit the Loan Advisor Suite® training resources page, and click the “Loan Selling Advisor” tab.
Additionally, we provide the following web-based training tools:
- Request Freddie Mac Cash Price Sheets
- Fundamentals of the Cash-Released XChange
- AllRegs® (Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide) – Go to AllRegs to view complete Guide requirements. Plus, see these key Guide chapters before taking out loan commitments:
- 5101 Introduction to Loan Product Advisor®
- 1301.1 Submission of data to Freddie Mac
- 1301.8 Warranties and Representations
- 6101.7 Requirements for the Servicing-Released Sales Process
- 3602.1 Repurchases Required by Freddie Mac
- Guide Forms – Directly access the forms required to sell through the Cash-Released XChange execution
- Guide Bulletins and Updates
- Quality Control Best Practices
- Loan Selling Advisor Resources
- Single-Family News Center
Contact Freddie Mac
Call the Customer Contact Support Center at 800-FREDDIE, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET.