Uniform Closing Dataset
December 11, 2018
The Uniform Closing Dataset (UCD) is a common industry dataset that allows information on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB’s) Closing Disclosure to be communicated electronically. It was developed by Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae (the GSEs) at the direction of our regulator, the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA).
The UCD Mandate
The UCD has arrived. You're now required to submit a UCD XML file for all loans being delivered to Freddie Mac with a note date on or after September 25, 2017. Loan Closing Advisor®, Freddie Mac's UCD collection solution, can help you make certain you meet this requirement.
Loan Closing Advisor:
- Collects the UCD and Closing Disclosure PDF.
- Compares your data against the UCD specification – testing for completeness, validity, calculation accuracy and data consistency.
- Provides feedback to promote accuracy and adherence to guidelines so that you can be confident about your closing data.
With Loan Closing Advisor, you can close loans with greater confidence and reduce your repurchase risk related to closing data. Sign up for Loan Closing Advisor today. Learn More.
UCD Implementation Resources
- Appendix C: Closing Disclosure with Reference Numbers: Provides sample Closing Disclosures for a non-purchase and a purchase transaction to serve as cross-references between the Closing Disclosure and the UCD. – Updated as of December 11, 2018
- Appendix E: UCD Implementation Guide: Provides an overview of how the Closing Disclosure information is represented in the XML-format file. – Updated as of December 11, 2018
- Appendix F: UCD Sample Use Cases: Provides six sample use cases that demonstrate how a sample business transaction would be represented on the Closing Disclosure and the XML-format file that would support the use case data. – Updated as of December 11, 2018
- Appendix G: UCD Sample XML Files – Demonstrates how a sample business transaction would be represented on the Closing Disclosure and the XML-format file that would support the use case data. – Updated as of December 11, 2018
- Appendix I: UCD Delivery Specification – Is identical to Appendix H, but in Excel format for easier data sorting and organization. – Updated as of December 11, 2018. Please see "Revision History" tab for more information.
Single-Family News Center Articles
- December 11, 2018 – GSEs Announce Updated UCD Specification and Artifacts
- December 11, 2018 – UCD TRID Amendment Impact Memo – Updated
- June 26, 2018 – UCD TRID Amendment Impact Memo
- June 26, 2018 – Important Update to the GSEs UCD Seller Data Requirements
- June 5, 2018 – Freddie Mac Clarification on the UCD PDF Requirement
- May 9, 2018 – Get Ready for UCD Changes on June 25, 2018
- January 30, 2018 – Important UCD Update
- December 12, 2017 – Update on the UCD Seller Data Requirement
- September 15, 2017 – The GSEs Support Your UCD Transition
- June 6, 2017 – UCD Implementation Update
- January 31, 2017 – Uniform Closing Dataset Final Specification Update
- November 8, 2016 – UCD Seller Data Requirements Update
- September 27, 2016 – UCD Mandate is September 25, 2017: Your One-Year Transition Starts Now!
- May 24, 2016 – GSEs Announce UCD Delivery Requirement for Q3 2017
- December 15, 2015 – Get Ready for Freddie Mac’s Collection Solution
- November 17, 2015 – GSEs Publish Updates to the UCD Specification and Resources
- June 30, 2015 – GSEs Announce UCD Delivery High-Level Timeline, Plus Separate Collection Solutions
- April 7, 2015 – Uniform Closing Dataset Split Disclosure Guidance and Other Updates
- February 24, 2015 – GSEs Publish Uniform Closing Dataset Delivery Specification
- December 16, 2014 – Uniform Closing Dataset High–Level Implementation Timeline
- July 15, 2014 – GSEs Provide Additional Resources to Support the Uniform Closing Dataset
- March 11, 2014 – GSEs Publish UCD MISMO–Mapping Document to Support CFPB's Closing Disclosure
- November 26, 2013 – GSEs Developing Standardized Dataset to Support CFPB's Closing Disclosure Form
Technology Integration Vendors
Click here for a list of Loan Closing Advisor verified vendors.
Loan Closing Advisor Training
Learn how to maximize the benefits of our UCD collection solution.
UCD Closing Solution for Correspondent Lenders
Need Help Getting Started?
Vendors – Submit Your Contact Information
If you’re a vendor involved in the closing process, please submit your contact information so we can send you periodic updates and resources to support your UCD implementation.
If you have questions about the UCD, please email UCD@FreddieMac.com