Uniform Collateral Data Portal
Updated May 17, 2016
New Appraisal-Sharing Solution Now Available
Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae have implemented a new appraisal-sharing solution within the Uniform Collateral Data Portal® (UCDP®). This solution enables correspondent lenders to easily share appraisal information with their aggregators within the UCDP.
The Uniform Collateral Data Portal® (UCDP®) is a single portal for the electronic submission of appraisal data files to Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae and facilitates the electronic collection of appraisal report data. Appraisal report forms for all conventional mortgages delivered to Freddie Mac, must be submitted to the UCDP if an appraisal is required.
The appraisal report must be submitted to the UCDP before the delivery date of the mortgage to Freddie Mac and must include all exhibits, addenda, and photographs. Refer to Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide Bulletins for complete details.
Business and Planning Resources
The following resources are available to help lenders and designated agents incorporate the UCDP requirements into their business processes:
- List of Freddie Mac UCDP Proprietary Messages – Updated as of April 29, 2015
- UCDP Overview – Updated February 2016
- UCDP Questions and Answers – Updated February 2016
Technology Vendor Resources
- Learn more about UAD and UCDP training resources
- Appraisal-Sharing Training Resources – Now available!
UCDP Access Methods and Supported Formats
Lenders and their designated agents may access the UCDP through:
- An easy-to-use web-based interface that allows lenders to browse and upload appraisal files to the portal. Lenders should evaluate their processes and requirements and should request appraisers send them the appraisal file in XML format.
- Vendor-provided solutions offer an integrated system interface to the UCDP. Review a list of technology vendors that provide a vendor solution with an integrated system interface to the UCDP.
The UCDP accepts an XML data stream (output from appraisal forms software) with an embedded first-generation Portable Document Format (PDF) file. The MISMO 2.6 Errata 1 GSE Extended format is the preferred XML format.
Refer to the UCDP overview for more details on the supported forms and formats. – Updated February 2016
General UCDP Registration Overview
The steps below outline the process for completing the registration process for portal access and your organizations set up within the UCDP with one or both GSEs.
Designate an individual from your organization to serve as your primary lender administrator (lender admin). The primary lender admin and any additional lender admins are the only individuals who will be registering directly with the GSEs.
Complete each GSE’s unique registration process for your lender admin(s) using the appropriate forms on each GSE’s Website.
Determine if you plan to work with a lender agent such as an Appraisal Management Company (AMC) or outsource provider. If so, the lender agent must also complete the UCDP lender agent registration process to request a UCDP account and to appear on the lender agent list in the UCDP.
Details on each of these steps are outlined in the Freddie Mac UCDP Registration Process below. To aid in this process, you’ll also find new resources including registration checklists, job aids and a five-part Lender Admin Reference Series designed to guide lender administrators through the registration organization, and user set up steps.
Freddie Mac UCDP Registration Process
To begin the Freddie Mac UCDP registration process, please select one of the following registration categories:
Primary Lender Administrator – The lender administrator is responsible for setting up your organization’s profile in the UCDP and granting UCDP access to additional users from your organization. Only the designated primary lender administrator for each organization should register through this process. General users are not required to complete registration forms for either GSE.
Once your organization’s profile is set up, additional (or backup) lender administrators may be added or removed. To add or remove a lender administrator, complete the applicable form and then add or remove the lender administrator in the UCDP:
- Add Lender Administrator – Requests authorization to add an additional UCDP lender administrator for your organization.
- Remove Lender Administrator – Removes access to the UCDP for a lender administrator of your organization. Please ensure another lender administrator exists for your organization before completing this process.
- Replace Lender Administrator – If the only lender administrator for your organization is no longer active, submit a request to replace your lender administrator.
- Lender Agent – Lender agents are third party entities (such as AMC or Outsource Providers) that can upload appraisals on the lender’s behalf to the UCDP. Lender agents must complete the UCDP lender agent registration on-line form to request a UCDP account and to appear on the lender agent list in UCDP. You are only required to complete the form once and may submit the form to either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.
- Freddie Mac's Getting Registered for the Uniform Collateral Data Portal job aid
- UCDP Registration Checklist: Provides additional details on completing the registration process.
- UCDP Reference Series for the Lender Admin
- UCDP Lender Agent Admin User Guide
Single-Family News Center Articles
- May 17, 2016 – June 2016 UCDP Notification
- January 6, 2016 – UCDP Appraisal-Sharing Solution Effective February 7
- September 8, 2015 – September 2015 UCDP Release Notification
- April 29, 2015 – Proprietary Messages in the UCDP Scheduled for June
- November 10, 2014 – December 2014 UCDP Notification
- September 24, 2014 – Returning HVE Messaging to the UCDP
- May 6, 2014 – May 2014 UCDP Notification and UAD Update
- April 23, 2014 – Phase II Freddie Mac UCDP Proprietary Messages Coming June 8
- February 26, 2014 – Phase II Freddie Mac Proprietary Messages in the UCDP Coming
- February 11, 2014 – February 2014 UCDP Notification and UAD Update
UCDP Maintenance Calendar
The UCDP maintenance
calendar provides monthly updates on planned maintenance to the UCDP. – New as of April 2016
UCDP Support Center
The UCDP Support Center is now available to support your questions related to registrations and submitting appraisals to the UCDP, contact 800-917-9291.