Uniform Loan Delivery Dataset
ULDD Phase 3 is on the way. Will you be ready in …
Effective May 20, 2019, all loans with an Application Received Date on or after January 1, 2019, must adhere to the ULDD Phase 3 requirements.
ULDD Phase 3 Update and Reminder
On January 10, 2019, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae (the GSEs) reminded sellers to begin collecting specific new data points for loans with an Application Received Date on or after January 1, 2019, as outlined in previous Phase 3 updates of the Uniform Loan Delivery Dataset (ULDD). This communication also addresses seller feedback regarding the closing cost and down payment data conditionally required by the GSEs.
As a reminder, Sellers should begin collecting new ULDD data for loans with an Application Received Date on or after January 1, 2019 to prepare for the May 20, 2019 mandate.
The Uniform Loan Delivery Dataset (ULDD) supports the work to implement uniform data standards and defines the data that we require at loan delivery based on loan type, loan feature or other business requirements.
ULDD data is granular, standardized, and has clear definitions, providing sellers with a common understanding of the meaning of each data point. The result is greater transparency, which helps sellers gain a better understanding of our assessment of mortgage risk and purchase requirements on loans they sell to us.
Vendor Selection Resources
- ULDD Phase 3 Joint GSE Timeline – Updated as of January 10, 2019
- Exhibit 34: Investor Feature Identifiers
- ULDD Questions and Answers – Updated as of November 20, 2018
- Loan Selling Advisor® Resource Center
- Freddie Mac Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide
Document Custodian Resources
- Document Custody Resources – Updated as of February 21, 2018
The following resources provide the technical documentation that Freddie Mac-approved Sellers and vendors need to implement Freddie Mac's loan delivery data requirements for the Phase 3 ULDD:
- Appendix A – Freddie Mac XML Data Requirements V.4.2.3 incorporates updates to the Phase 3 requirements in Tab 9A – ULDD Update Issued 11-20-2018. Tab 9B – ULDD Phase 3 Only consolidates the Phase 3 requirements in one convenient location. – Updated as of November 30, 2018
- Appendix B – Freddie Mac Test Case Scenarios provides common test case scenarios, including HMDA Demographic Information scenarios, that illustrate how the loan delivery data is translated into MISMO terms – Updated as of February 21, 2018
- Appendix C – Freddie Mac XML Sample Files provides XML file samples that support the test case scenarios – Updated as of February 21, 2018
- Appendix D – Freddie Mac XML Data Requirements Reference Tool V.4.2.3, is identical to the Appendix A PDF above but in Excel format. It allows Sellers and vendors to easily sort and organize the information in the Appendix A PDF document. Tab 9B – ULDD Phase 3 Only consolidates the Phase 3 requirements in one convenient location. – Updated as of November 30, 2018
- Appendix E – MISMO V3.0 Reference Model and ULDD Phase 3 Extension Schema specifies the use of extension containers for delivery of the expanded HMDA borrower demographic information not supported in V3.0 of the MISMO Reference Model. A new graphic shows the placement of the MISMO extension containers. – Updated as of November 7, 2017
- Freddie Mac ULDD Phase 3 Implementation Guide provides the necessary information to build an XML file for submission of loan delivery data to Freddie Mac Loan Selling Advisor, in accordance with the MISMO V3.0 Reference Model, and including the use of MISMO extension containers. – Updated as of November 7, 2017
- ULDD Phase 3 Joint GSE Timeline – Updated as of November 20, 2018
- MISMO V3.0 and the Uniform Loan Delivery Data Specification: User Guide is a joint GSE educational publication that supports development and implementation of the Uniform Loan Delivery Data Specification (ULDDS), with a particular focus on the MISMO framework that is integral to the ULDDS.
- Implementation Guide for Loan Selling Advisor Export (Phase 2) – Sellers: This specification describes the ULDD Phase 2 export file datasets and formats available from Loan Selling Advisor. – Updated as of March 26, 2018
- Implementation Guide for Loan Selling Advisor Export (Phase 3) – Sellers: This specification describes the new ULDD Phase 3 export file datasets and formats available from Loan Selling Advisor. – Updated as of February 25, 2019
- January 10, 2019 – ULDD Phase 3 Reminder
- November 20, 2018 – ULDD Phase 3 Update
- July 10, 2018 – ULDD Phase 3 Update
- February 26, 2018 – ULDD Phase 3 Loan Selling Advisor Updates Deferred Until March 5
- February 21, 2018 – ULDD Phase 3 Reminder & Updates
- January 30, 2018 – ULDD Phase 3 Mandate and Application Received Dates
- October 29, 2013
- August 22, 2013
- June 27, 2013
- May 20, 2013
- April 10, 2013
- March 26, 2013
- January 31, 2013