Uniform Loan Delivery Dataset
ULDD Phase 3 Update Announced
Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae have updated the December 13, 2016, Uniform Loan Delivery Dataset (ULDD) Phase 3 announcement. This update provides details on the implementation timeline and provides valuable tools to support your adoption of ULDD Phase 3. Included are:
- The Phase 3 implementation timeline.
- Updated XML Data Requirements specifications (Appendix A and Appendix D)
- Test Case Scenarios.
- XML Sample Files.
- New Extension Containers to the MISMO V3.0 Reference Model.
- A Freddie Mac ULDD Phase 3 Implementation Guide for Loan Delivery Data.
- Updated Questions and Answers.
This announcement provides you with additional information to help you begin your planning process to prepare for Freddie Mac’s implementations, and to meet the mandate in May 2019. Please visit the Technical Resources section below for appendices and other resources to support ULDD Phase 3 implementation.
NOTE: the GSEs have different implementation strategies for ULDD Phase 3 – review the joint implementation timeline for more information.
The Uniform Loan Delivery Dataset (ULDD) supports the work to implement uniform data standards and defines the data that we require at loan delivery based on loan type, loan feature or other business requirements.
ULDD data is granular, standardized, and has clear definitions, providing sellers with a common understanding of the meaning of each data point. The end result is greater transparency, which helps sellers gain a better understanding of our assessment of mortgage risk and purchase requirements on loans they sell to us.
Vendor Selection Resources
- ULDD Phase 3 Joint GSE Timeline – NEW
- Exhibit 34: Investor Feature Identifiers
- ULDD Questions and Answers – Updated as of March 28, 2017
- Selling System Resource Center
- Freddie Mac Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide
Document Custodian Resources
The following resources provide the technical documentation that Freddie Mac-approved Sellers and vendors need to implement Freddie Mac's loan delivery data requirements for the Phase 2 ULDD:
- Appendix A – Freddie Mac XML Data Requirements V.4.0.1 incorporates the Phase 3 requirements in Tab 9 – ULDD Update Issued 3-28-2017 – Updated as of March 28, 2017
- Appendix B – Freddie Mac Test Case Scenarios provides common test case scenarios that illustrate how the loan delivery data is translated into MISMO terms – New as of March 28, 2017
- Appendix C – Freddie Mac XML Sample Files provides XML file samples that support the test case scenarios – New as of March 28, 2017
- Appendix D – Freddie Mac XML Data Requirements Reference Tool V.4.0.1, is identical to the Appendix A PDF above but in Excel format. It allows Sellers and vendors to easily sort and organize the information in the Appendix A PDF document. – Updated as of March 28, 2017
- Appendix E – MISMO V3.0 Reference Model and ULDD Phase 3 Extension Schema specifies the use of extension containers for delivery of the expanded HMDA borrower demographic information not supported in V3.0 of the MISMO Reference Model. – New as of March 28, 2017
- Freddie Mac ULDD Phase 3 Implementation Guide provides the necessary information to build an XML file for submission of loan delivery data to the Freddie Mac Selling System®, in accordance with the MISMO V3.0 Reference Model, and including the use of MISMO extension containers. – Updated as of March 28, 2017
- ULDD Phase 3 Joint GSE Timeline – NEW
- MISMO V3.0 and the Uniform Loan Delivery Data Specification: User Guide is a joint GSE educational publication that supports development and implementation of the Uniform Loan Delivery Data Specification (ULDDS), with a particular focus on the MISMO framework that is integral to the ULDDS.
- Implementation Guide for Selling System Export – Sellers: Includes updates supporting Single Security. – Updated as of May 17, 2017
- December 15, 2014
- September 23, 2014
- August 18, 2014
- May 8, 2014
- April 9, 2014
- April 1, 2014
- February 18, 2014
- February 14, 2014
- November 13, 2013
- October 29, 2013
- August 22, 2013
- June 27, 2013
- May 20, 2013
- April 10, 2013
- March 26, 2013
- January 31, 2013