HAMP® Borrower Solicitation Requirements
- Servicers must contact the borrower as early in the delinquency cycle as possible to secure a payment or payment arrangement but no later than the 36th day after the due date of an unpaid monthly installment.
- Servicers must send the borrower at least one general solicitation no later than the 45th day after the due date of an unpaid monthly installment if quality right party contact and a resolution to the delinquency have not been achieved.
- Servicers must provide in its solicitation the specific date by which the borrower must respond with the required information and documentation ("The Borrower Response Package"), which must be 30 days from the date the solicitation was sent.
Refer to Guide Chapter 64 for requirements related to borrower solicitation and required communication upon quality right party contact.
Tools and Documentation
Borrower Solicitation Documents
The following form must be included in the Borrower Solicitation Package for HAMP-eligible borrowers:
- Form 710A, Government Monitoring Data Form
The borrower is not required to provide the data requested in this form.
Review additional documents that must be included in the Borrower Solicitation Package.
Trial Period Documents
- HAMP Trial Period Plan Notice, located in Guide Exhibit 93, Evaluation Model Clause
- Form 1119, Counseling Referral Letter, that Servicers may use to inform the borrower they are required to attend credit counseling.
Permanent Modification Documents
If a borrower is eligible for a permanent HAMP modification, Servicers must send the following documents:
- Form 1118, Agreement Cover Letter – Updated
- Uniform Instrument Form 3157, Home Affordable Modification Agreement,
Also available in Spanish (Uniform Instrument Form 3157s).
- HAMP Year Six Pay for Performance incentive – when sending a borrower notice on eligibility for this, include either the:
- Dodd-Frank Certification, or
- Freddie Mac equivalent, Form 720, Real Estate Fraud Certification.