Home Affordable Modification Program
On March 4, 2009, the U.S. Department of the Treasury (Treasury) announced details of the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP®) as part of the Making Home Affordable Program. HAMP is a loan modification program designed to reduce delinquent and at-risk borrowers' monthly mortgage payments.
HAMP is effective for mortgages originated on or prior to January 1, 2009, and will expire on December 31, 2015.
- Mortgage and Borrower Eligibility
- Borrower Solicitation
- Underwriting Requirements
- HAMP Tools Overview
- Reporting and Incentives
To access these secure resources, you must use your Servicing Technology Tools ID and password. If you do not have one, you can request one using the Servicing Technology Tools Sign Up Form.
- Reporting Spreadsheets
- Technology Specifications and Users' Guides
- Automated Valuation Model (AVM) Collateral Values*
*If you plan to use Freddie Mac AVM collateral values with a cutoff date of December 31, 2013 in connection with a loan application on or after January 18, 2014, you may be subject to the new requirements in the Equal Credit Opportunity Act. For more information on receiving and formatting Freddie Mac AVM collateral values in this report, please see attached document.
Training & Education
- HAMP Reporting: Best Practices
- Servicing Alignment Initiative Web page
- Freddie Mac's Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives Web page
- Freddie Mac's Avoiding Foreclosure Resource Center
- Consumer information about the federal Making Home Affordable Program
- Treasury Net Present Value (NPV) Model. A user ID and password are required to use the Model, which Servicers can obtain by completing and submitting the HAMP online Registration Form.
- U.S. Department of Labor Unemployment Benefit Estimation Tool
Home Affordable Refinance Program® and HAMP® are registered trademarks of the U.S. Department of Treasury.
Are you a Homeowner?
If you believe you qualify for this program, please contact the company to whom you make your mortgage payments. Delinquent borrowers eligible for assistance will be contacted by their mortgage Servicer. Read more about how to avoid foreclosure.
Loan Modification Processing Tips
Don't let communication, clerical or data errors delay or prevent successful submissions. Ensure Your HAMP Modifications Are Error Free for Prompt Processing.