Service Loans Application Resource Center
The Freddie Mac Service Loans Application Resource Center provides you with all the information you need to use the Service Loans application. This includes sign-up instructions, important resources and training opportunities, and information on the Freddie Mac Subscription Center where you can subscribe to our Service Loans Application Technology System Alert.
Get Started Using the Service Loans Application
Please complete the steps below to get started using Freddie Mac's Service Loans application:
Step 1: Terms and Conditions
Review Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide (Guide) Chapter A50 for details regarding the terms and conditions for use of the Freddie Mac Service Loans application. Guide Chapter A50 was introduced in Guide Bulletin 2011-3 and revised in Guide Bulletin 2011-23.
Step 2: Freddie Mac Service Loans Application Authorized User Roles Form
- Download and complete either:
- Form 902, Freddie Mac Service Loans Application Authorized User Roles Form – For Use by Servicers Only, or
- Form 902SA, Freddie Mac Service Loans Application Authorized User Roles Form – For Use by Servicing Agents Only, if your organization uses a Servicing Agent (subservicer) to service Freddie Mac mortgages. Servicers must obtain Freddie Mac's written approval of a Servicing Agent by submitting the Form 479A, Single-Family Servicing Agent Certification, to Freddie Mac.
Please Note: Guide Bulletin 2012-16 announced the new Obtain Valuation functionality, which is available as a tab in the Service Loans application. The above forms include the Workout – Specialist user role, which is necessary to use the functionality to obtain a minimum net proceeds amount and estimated market value for a Freddie Mac Standard Short Sale.
We recommend that you consider registering all of your staff who are involved in short sale negotiations for pricing short sales for access to the Obtain Valuation functionality.
- Please make sure the form is completely filled out and identifies user roles for all authorized employees who need access to the application. For Servicers, one of the authorized employees designated as a Customer Administrator must be identified as the Primary Contact for user setup issues on the first page of the Form 902. For Servicing Agents, Freddie Mac will assign the External Servicing Administrator role to the individual identified as the Servicing Agent's Contact on the first page of the Form 902SA.
- The form MUST be signed by an authorized officer (vice president or higher) of your organization.
- Fax the completed, signed form to Freddie Mac Customer System Setup at 571-382-4940 or email to Servicing_Loans_application@FreddieMac.com.
- If you need to add more users than the form allows, download and complete either:
- Form 902A, Addendum for Servicers, Freddie Mac Service Loans Application Authorized User Roles Form – For Use by Servicers Only, or
- Form 902ASA, Addendum for Servicing Agents, Freddie Mac Service Loans Application Authorized User Roles Form – For Use by Servicing Agents Only, if your organization uses a Servicing Agent (subservicer) to service Freddie Mac mortgages.
- To determine a user role and activity, refer to the following table:
|User Roles||User Roles Activities|
|Servicing Agent External Servicing Administrator Role||
Read Only Analyst – New
|Loan Activity Analyst||
|Default Loan Activity Analyst||
|FCL/DIL Analyst Foreclosure/Deed-in-lieu Analyst||
|Portfolio Transfer Analyst||
|Map Bulk File Analyst||
|Exclusionary List Analyst||
|Workout – Specialist (for Obtain Valuation functionality)||
Step 3: User IDs and Passwords
- The Customer Administrator identified as the Primary Contact on the Form 902 and 902SA will receive an email notification for new users of the Service Loans application within five business days containing the users first and last name along with their PIN number. The Customer Administrator designated as the Primary Contact is responsible for distributing the PIN numbers to all authorized users in their organization. The users will receive the URL link to log in to the Service Loan application. Once the user logs into the application they will be prompted to enter their first and last name along with their PIN. The system will then generate the user's User ID and password.
- For existing users, a confirmation email will be received within five business days by the Customer Administrator confirming that the requested user access has been updated. The user will then use their existing User ID and password to access the Service Loans application.
Step 4: Import Functionality/Upload Bulk Files for the Service Loans Application and Obtain Valuation Functionality
Import Functionality/Upload Bulk Files for the Service Loans Application
Does your organization intend to import data (upload bulk files) for any functionality, including investor reporting, default reporting, foreclosure sales/deed-in-lieu or transfer of servicing, into the Service Loans application?
- If no, go to Step 5.
- If yes, complete this short online Service Loans Application Import Functionality Submission Form. After receiving the submitted form, we will send an email to the authorized users, which will include the import specification format(s) that your organization will be using.
- Each organization will be required to test the batch import function to verify their import file layout against the Freddie Mac import specifications to determine if changes are required.
- Freddie Mac will contact your organization to discuss the testing and validation process and provide you with any needed assistance.
Import /Upload Bulk File for the Obtain Valuation Functionality
Does your organization intend to import data (upload bulk files) into the Service Loans application Obtain Valuation functionality?
- If no, go to Step 5.
- If yes, download and follow the Obtain Valuation Bulk Import File Layout Instructions available on the Obtain Valuation Bulk Import page in the Service Loans application.
- You must use this file layout, or you must match your data to the file layout, specific to Obtain Valuation. The loan data must be in either a comma separated value (.csv) or a text (.txt) format using commas to separate the fields.
- Freddie Mac recommends when you are ready to upload live data, you always test your import file to help reduce and correct any possible import errors.
Step 5: Minimum System Requirements
Ensure you have the minimum system requirements needed for the Service Loans application.
|Configuration Details||Minimum Configuration||Recommended|
|System Configuration||Pentium III 450MHz, AMD Athalon 600MHz||Pentium III 450MHz, AMD Athalon 600MHz and above|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows XP||Microsoft Windows XP SP3|
|System Memory||1 GB||2 GB|
|Browser||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, FireFox 3.0||Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or above, FireFox 3.5|
|Screen Resolution||1024 X 768||1024 x 768|
*If you are using Internet Explorer 9, you must make sure 'Display all websites in Compatibility View' is selected in the Compatibility View Settings in order to use the Obtain Valuation functionality.
Step 6: Access the Servicing Loans application
Once authorized users have received their User IDs and passwords, they may access the Service Loans application.
Training and Resources
Visit the Learning Center's Service Loans Application Web page for all Service Loans application training opportunities and educational resources.
Note: Training opportunities and resources are available through the Learning Center, including:
- Standard Short Sales: Obtain Property Valuation webinar outlines the new property valuation process, available in the Service Loans application, that will provide an estimated market value and minimum net proceeds enabling your Loss Mitigation staff to determine whether a purchase offer meets Standard Short Sale requirements.
- Standard Short Sales: Obtain Property Valuation tutorial. Enter your Servicing Applications ID and password to access these self-paced tutorials which are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Learn about the Obtain Valuation functionality in the Service Loans application, and how to receive an estimated market value and minimum net proceeds to determine whether a purchase offer meets Freddie Mac's Standard Short Sale requirements.
Additionally, the Service Loans Application User Guide and Online Help is available for you to use for assistance within the application.
Visit the Single-Family Business News Subscription Center and sign up for the Service Loans Application Technology System Alerts to keep informed on the latest information about system performance status. Also, to receive information on Freddie Mac servicing requirements, application enhancements, and other servicing-related information, make sure you are subscribed to the Single-Family Updates Servicing category.
If you have any other questions or need assistance, please contact 800-FREDDIE.