These requirements may vary by product and service type.
- Been in business for at least five years
- Have an established place of business
- Maintain at least three W-2 employees
- Provide revenue for the current year, upon request
- Provide W-9 form and certificate of insurance, upon request
- Qualify as a diverse supplier based on the Diverse Definitions
Note: Diverse suppliers do not have to be certified by a third-party certifying organization; suppliers may self-certify their diverse status when completing the application.
- Qualified as a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Concern as defined in 13 C.F.R. §§ 125.8-125.13; or
- More than 50 percent of the ownership or control of which is held by one or more persons with a disability; and
- More than 50 percent of the net profit or loss of which accrues to one or more persons with a disability.
- Disability has the meaning defined in 29 C.F.R. § 1630.2(g), § 1630.3 and Appendix to Part 1630 - Interpretive Guidance on Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender-Owned Business (LGBT-Owned Business):
- At least 51 perc ent of which is owned, operated, managed and controlled by one or more gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender persons who are either United States citizens or lawful permanent residents;
- That exercises independence from any non-gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender-owned business enterprise;
- With its principal place of business (headquarters) in the United States; and
- Formed as a legal entity in the United States.
- This definition is from the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce.
- More than 50 percent of the ownership or control of which is held by one or more minority individuals; and
- More than 50 percent of the net profit or loss of which accrues to one or more minority individuals.
- Minority means any Black (or African) American, Native American (or American Indian), Hispanic (or Latino) American, or Asian American.
Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business:
- Not less than 51 percent of which is owned by one or more service-disabled veterans or, in the case of any publicly owned business, not less than 51 percent of the stock of which is owned by one or more service-disabled veterans; and
- The management and daily business operations of which are controlled by one or more service-disabled veterans or, in the case of a veteran with a permanent and severe disability, a spouse or permanent caregiver of such veteran.
- Service-Disabled Veteran owned business has the meaning described by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs at www.vip.vetbiz.gov or www.vets.gov.
Veteran -Owned Business:
- A veteran owns 51 percent or more of the company being registered.
- A veteran is the highest-compensated individual in the company (or include a memorandum that explains why you are not).
- A veteran is involved directly in the day-to-day operations of the company as well as strategic decisions.
- A veteran holds the highest officer position in the company.
- Veteran-owned business has the meaning described by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs at www.vip.vetbiz.gov or www.vets.gov.
- More than 50 percent of the ownership or control of which is held by one or more women;
- More than 50 percent of the net profit or loss of which accrues to one or more women; and
- A significant percentage of senior management positions of which are held by women.
Freddie Mac purchases a variety of goods and services to support our business operations. Below is a partial list of what we purchase:
Consulting and Professional Services: Business Process Development, Auditing, Legal Services
Corporate Services: Facilities and Building Equipment Maintenance
Emerging Technologies: Software, Hardware, Application Development
Financial Services: Banking and Investment Services, Auditing, Risk Management
Real Estate Services:* Property Preservation and Maintenance, Auction Services, General Contractors
*To learn more about becoming an REO supplier and the related opportunities, visit the HomeSteps website or contact HomeSteps.