Using or Linking to Our Content
The content on Freddie Mac websites contains intellectual property that is protected from unauthorized use, copying and dissemination by copyright, trademark, and other laws. The posting of content does not constitute a waiver of any of Freddie Mac's proprietary rights in or related to such content (such as, but not limited to, patents, copyrights and trademarks) or a transfer of any such rights to you or any third party. You agree not to delete any copyright or similar notice from any content.
Our Content Use Policy
Website Content. You may not sell, republish, print, download, copy, retransmit, repost, or display (by use of an HTML frame or otherwise) any portion of a Freddie Mac website without our prior written consent, unless otherwise noted. You may not alter or amend Freddie Mac content in any way, and must provide full and proper attribution to Freddie Mac. Request the use of Freddie Mac content.
Automatically Updated Data Content. You do not need Freddie Mac's prior written consent to publish automatically updated data content, such as the Freddie Mac's Primary Mortgage Market Survey® data or the Freddie Mac Multi-Indicator Market IndexSM on your website. Learn more about how to syndicate Freddie Mac's automatically updated data content on your website.
Freddie Mac Name or Logo. Freddie Mac's name, logo, designs, product identifiers, slogans, trademarks, and service marks may not be used in any advertising, publicity, promotion, or other commercial manner without our prior written consent, unless otherwise noted. Request our logo.
Freddie Mac may amend its Content Use Policy at any time without notice.
Our Linking Policy
You may link directly to the home page of a Freddie Mac website or to any web page that appears on the sitemap of that website without our prior written permission.
The link you provide on your website must be text-only, as in:
"See the Online Guide to the Home Buying Process from Freddie Mac®"
If you wish to use our logo as a graphic link, you must obtain our prior written consent, as the use of our logo may imply an endorsement. Request our logo.
When you link to a Freddie Mac website, Freddie Mac grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to establish a link from your website to a Freddie Mac website, and to use the Freddie Mac registered trademark in text form only solely for the purpose of properly identifying the link from your website to the Freddie Mac website.
By linking to Freddie Mac web pages you agree NOT to:
- Create frames around a web page of a Freddie Mac website or use other techniques that alter the visual presentation.
- State or imply an affiliation between your company and Freddie Mac, or that Freddie Mac is endorsing you or your products or services, without the prior written consent of Freddie Mac
- Place materials on your website that may be interpreted as distasteful, offensive, or inappropriate for any age group.
By linking to a Freddie Mac website, you agree:
- To provide only a text-based link. If you wish to use our logo as a graphic link, you must receive our prior written permission. Request our logo.
- To attribute the content to Freddie Mac, with language such as “Information provided by Freddie Mac.”
- To make it clear to users that the link leads to a Freddie Mac website.
- That Freddie Mac will have no obligation to verify the current or continued accuracy of any information provided on its website.
- You acknowledge that all rights to the marks, the content appearing on the websites, and the look and feel of the Freddie Mac websites belong to Freddie Mac and/or its third party licensors.
- To cease using the logo and link upon notice from Freddie Mac. If the relationship with Freddie Mac promoted on your website changes, you agree to cease using the logo and link or alter the description of the relationship on your website.
- To comply with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations and to hold Freddie Mac harmless from failure to comply with any laws or regulations.
Freddie Mac may amend its Linking Policy at any time without notice.