CreditSmart – Steps to Homeownership Tutorial – With Certificate
Are you a first-time homebuyer required to take a homeownership education course as a qualification for HomeOneSM or Home Possible® mortgages? Beginning January 29, 2019 we’re excited to announce new enhancements to the CreditSmart® – Steps to Homeownership Tutorial with the following benefits to improve the user experience:
- Ability to take the course at your own pace using multiple devices (mobile phone, tablet, desktop).
- New functionality allowing users to log in/out of the tutorial from any device while saving progress on-demand.
- Compatible with multiple browsers.
- Convenient access to course completion certificate.
- Enhanced user support.
Highlights of the Course
- This free, interactive tutorial is a smart solution that will teach you how to achieve your financial and homeownership goals. English only.
- This self-paced tutorial outlines the steps to homeownership from the importance of good credit to qualifying for a loan and selecting a lender, with a special emphasis on protecting your investment once you own a home.
- There are five lessons in this course, including:
- Your Credit and Why It is Important
- Managing Your Money
- Thinking Like a Lender
- Becoming a Homeowner
- Preserving Homeownership – Protecting Your Home Investment
- Successful completion of this tutorial satisfies the HomeOne or Home Possible mortgages homeownership education requirement. A printable certificate of completion with your name is generated after successfully completing the quiz.
- You can take this course at any time, at your own pace. It is estimated to take approximately two hours to complete all the lessons and receive your course completion certificate.
If you have questions or experience problems while taking this online tutorial, please contact CreditSmartTutorial@freddiemac.com or call 877-486-6028.