CreditSmart – Steps to Homeownership Tutorial – With Certificate
Are you a first- time homebuyer required to take a homeownership education course as a qualification for Home Possible® Mortgages? This free, interactive tutorial is a smart solution that will teach you how to achieve your financial and homeownership goals. A printable certificate of completion with your name is generated after successfully completing the quiz. FREE. English only.
Highlights of the Course
- This self-paced tutorial outlines the steps to homeownership from the importance of good credit to qualifying for a loan and selecting a lender, with a special emphasis on protecting your investment once you own a home.
- There are five lessons in this course, including:
- Your Credit and Why It is Important
- Managing Your Money
- Thinking Like a Lender
- Becoming a Homeowner
- Preserving Homeownership – Protecting Your Home Investment
- Successful completion of this tutorial satisfies the Home Possible Mortgages homeownership education requirement. A printable certificate of completion with your name is generated after successfully completing the quiz. You can save the certificate as a PDF and send it directly to your lender, if needed.
- There is no date or time restriction for completion of this course. You can take this course any time, at your own pace. It is estimated to take approximately two hours to complete all of the lessons and receive your course completion certificate.
- You can stop studying at any time and return to the course at your convenience, as long as you are logged in from the same computer.
- This course is best viewed using Internet Explorer version 9.0 or higher and a screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater.
- Printing of certificate not compatible with Mozilla Firefox.
- Additionally, please ensure your browser's zoom/magnification setting is set to 100% (settings higher than 100% might necessitate scrolling in order to view the entire screen and/or course navigation buttons). To check your browser's zoom setting, select Zoom from the View menu or click the Tools button (the gear-shaped icon in upper right corner) and select Zoom.
- You will need a printer to print out the course completion certificate.
If you have any questions or experience problems while taking this online tutorial, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.